How do you break a FEL?

/ How do you break a FEL? #21  
N80 said:
I have not been able to break the loader on my L4400 and I've applied a considerable amount of determination and stupidity.
See? Told ya. Cant break a Kubota loader with a Kubota.:D
larry

/ How do you break a FEL? #22  
N80 said:
I have not been able to break the loader on my L4400 and I've applied a considerable amount of determination and stupidity.

let me send you one of my construction workers.

nothing wears equipment like someone driving it knowing it isn't his.

soundguy

/ How do you break a FEL? #23  
If you are careful to keep any grease etc away from the pins then you can tell by the noise they make how heavy your load is......
The grease will only attract grit and sand anyway.....
If you don't use grease, then the pins stay nice and shiney.....
Once the pins wear a bit they will be easier to get in and out......

/ How do you break a FEL? #24  
Soundguy said:
nothing wears equipment like someone driving it knowing it isn't his.

soundguy

So true!

/ How do you break a FEL? #25  
pat32rf said:
If you are careful to keep any grease etc away from the pins then you can tell by the noise they make how heavy your load is......
The grease will only attract grit and sand anyway.....
If you don't use grease, then the pins stay nice and shiney.....

Hmm. Are you serious? I didn't notice a smiley face or anything. I'm not sure this is good advice.

Once the pins wear a bit they will be easier to get in and out......

I think what you are seeing as a convenience is what other people would call excessive wear.....which leads to slop in the bucket/loader connection.

To each his own, but I think I will continue to lube mine frequently....as recommended by the manual.

/ How do you break a FEL? #26  
I agree.. any bucket pin that has a grease fitting gets lubes. Some of my fittings are on the pin housing.. some ar ont he pin itself... neat looking jobs.. probably expensive to replace..

soundguy

/ How do you break a FEL? #27  
N80 said:
Hmm. Are you serious? I didn't notice a smiley face or anything. I'm not sure this is good advice.
I think what you are seeing as a convenience is what other people would call excessive wear.....which leads to slop in the bucket/loader connection.
To each his own, but I think I will continue to lube mine frequently....as recommended by the manual.
I knew he was kidding, altho youre right, those with inexperience may not.;)
larry

/ How do you break a FEL? #28  
I'm waiting on tractors to start coming with "black boxes" that measure shock load, speeds etc.

BTI

Last edited:
   / How do you break a FEL? #29  
The pins on mine have a zerk on one end and a hole in the middle where the grease comes out as well as a circular groove for the grease to distribute through. Neat pice of work.

/ How do you break a FEL? #30  
This thread is how to break the FEL, so... The manual say to grease every 10 hours, I just figured it means; 10 hours of FEL use... No, just driving the tractor around with the FEL mounted!!! The FEL will bounce and rattle around just sitting on the tractor (like when I mow). I grease it every 5 hours to make up for it :eek: