WWF-Does it cause rust?

/ WWF-Does it cause rust? #11  
I used a 50 50 mix of anti freeze from Walmart. Anti freeze is heavier than water, and will not harm your wheels.

/ WWF-Does it cause rust? #12  
beckmurph said:
I used a 50 50 mix of anti freeze from Walmart. Anti freeze is heavier than water, and will not harm your wheels.

But it is considerably more expensive per gallon (mixed) than WWF. There is no evidence that WWF does any harm to anything either and doesn't contain ethylene glycol.

/ WWF-Does it cause rust? #13  
daTeacha said:
One group of Amish around here is not allowed to have pneumatic tires, so they fill theirs with foam or concrete. Another group can't use tractors, so the problem doesn't exist for them.

Are you sure? I thought the Menonites can use tractors, but Amish are horse power only. Least ways, I've never met an Amish without horse and buggy on the road and a horse team pulling the tillage equipment.

PA Amish are moving to WI as they can sell the old place and buy some real land with the $$$. Good neighbors to have.

jb

/ WWF-Does it cause rust? #14  
Are you sure? I thought the Menonites can use tractors, but Amish are horse power only. Least ways, I've never met an Amish without horse and buggy on the road and a horse team pulling the tillage equipment.
with the Amish, the equipment they can use and how they can use it depends on what congregation they belong to, see Wikipedia for more info

Aaron Z

/ WWF-Does it cause rust? #15  
The wwf shouldn't hurt anything.. as others have said.. it's made to be stored and sprayed all over your car.

YThat said you can use antifreeze ( rv hold tank, or eco friendly.. or plain eth/glyc stuff ) and then REALLY not worry about it.. etc.

Whatever you use.. plan the concentration for your coldest expected temp.. but keep in mind you don't have to mix it quite as strong... slush in a tire is fine.. just as long as it doesn't freeze solid.. if you use wwf.. get winter mix..

soundguy

digger2 said:
Pretty sure i'm gonna be loading my rear tires on my B26 in the spring.
I dont want to use calcium because i had a machine that the wheels rusted out on,and it did have tubes.Also i know about " beet juice " but i dont think anybody has it in my area.I've decided if i do decide to load my tires i'll probably go with WWF.Mostly because its easy to get.I also know about WWF not weighing as much as the alternatives.That doesnt bother me.
I read somewhere on here that WWF wont hurt wheels even if they are not equipped with tubes.Is this true?If it is true,why doesnt it?It is made up of water and some kind of alcohol isnt it?I would think that it would rust the wheels to an extent,just not as bad as calcium.Can somebody explain this to me?
Also,does anybody know if it will do any harm to the tires ?
thanks,digger2

/ WWF-Does it cause rust? #16  
john_bud said:

PA Amish are moving to WI as they can sell the old place and buy some real land with the $$$. Good neighbors to have.

jb

I know the hooterites (spelling?) canuse tractors.. my stepfather goes hunting in montana alot and the hoot's will carry their kills out for them in the fel buckets.. etc. The women make good pies and breads.. and rugs... etc..

soundguy

/ WWF-Does it cause rust? #17  
Soundguy said:
I know the hooterites (spelling?) canuse tractors.. my stepfather goes hunting in montana alot and the hoot's will carry their kills out for them in the fel buckets.. etc. The women make good pies and breads.. and rugs... etc..

soundguy

We must not have that sect around here.

There are getting to be more and more horses and buggies as the Amish are buying up more of our "cheap" land. Sort of reminds me of what Al Gore and his crowd want all of the country to look like in a minimal CO2 impacting world. But what the heck does that have to do with WWF causing rust?

jb

/ WWF-Does it cause rust?
Well,i'm making a trip to Wal Mart this weekend-have to make up my mind before then.Somebody told me WWF is going up soon,if not already.I havent paid attention cause i dont buy it that much.Same with antifreeze.:confused:
I may just end up using 50/50 antifreeze.I dont really want to (hazardous in case of leaks) but since it does'nt hurt the wheels either,i guess it comes down to price.Thanks for the info guys............Digger2

oh yeah...the old Speedex in my avatar,that was a victim of calcium in the wheels.When i sandblasted them,they looked like swiss cheese....thank God for my little MIG welder!!!!!

/ WWF-Does it cause rust? #19  
You do realize you can get non toxic antifreeze don't you??!!?? i mentioned it in my previous post..

soundguy

digger2 said:
I may just end up using 50/50 antifreeze.I dont really want to (hazardous in case of leaks) !

/ WWF-Does it cause rust?
Soundguy,
Oh man,dont know how i missed that.Guess i'll be checking that out too
while i'm "weight shopping"......But wasnt that stuff (non toxic AF) pretty expensive when it first came out? Seems to me it was about 91-92 when it first appeard on the shelves and a guy i worked with back then said it was expensive then so i figure its gotta be pretty salty now....Oh what the hay,
i'm prob only gonna do it once so whats a couple of bucks...thanks.