Security & Theft Foreign tractors getting stolen

/ Foreign tractors getting stolen #21  
Best defense is a good offense, razor blades taped to the underside of the steering wheel makes for one super unhappy thief, a little power washing and your machine is good as new.

Buddy who had his radio stolen number of times out of his car, taped razor blades to underside of radio, went to get into his car one day, window was smashed, and nice big puddle of blood on floor and radio still in place.

First time his car had been vandalized and he actually laughed about it.

/ Foreign tractors getting stolen #22  
JoelD said:
Best defense is a good offense, razor blades taped to the underside of the steering wheel makes for one super unhappy thief, a little power washing and your machine is good as new.

Buddy who had his radio stolen number of times out of his car, taped razor blades to underside of radio, went to get into his car one day, window was smashed, and nice big puddle of blood on floor and radio still in place.

First time his car had been vandalized and he actually laughed about it.

Wow...the liability for doing something like that is tremendous...

/ Foreign tractors getting stolen #23  
Razzor blades? Reminds me of what happened when I bought my ford F-150 work truck many years ago... Salesman used a razzor blade to remove the window stickers and then layed it on the seat... My son who was about 5 years old at the time picked it up and you know where the storey is going from here... Blood eveywhere in that new truck... Probably could have upgraded to a F-350 dulley for free! Scared the dealer to death on what could happen if I pushed the issue!

mark

/ Foreign tractors getting stolen
I don't know of anywhere in the US where you can rig a "personal" security system with the intent of doing bodily harm.

I swear I have read stories of people putting in high voltage wiring in AC ducts and window grills and going to prison for killing someone.

Too bad in a way...

/ Foreign tractors getting stolen #25  
There is no incentive for machine manufacturers to fit anti theft devices . When a machine is stolen the manufacturer wins as the insurance company buys another one from them to replace the stolen one .

/ Foreign tractors getting stolen #26  
Trainer said:
For what it is worth, there are many ways to slow down a their but none to stop them. When my tractor was stolen, they winched it up on a trailer and drove away. And it had a plow attached. They took tractor and plow. Fortunately the sheriff's office located the tractor and I got it back. The brilliant thief had it for sale beside the highway in another county. But my point is, with a winch and trailer they are in business.

No, you can stop them, it'll just land you in jail:mad: