SLIP CLUTCH

/ SLIP CLUTCH #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
after reading some old post about slip clutch, i remember my old ford 2n had one on the finish mower(tractor end) Don't know if the Befco finish mower that i got with my b2400 has one or not . can't look at it now because it is at my other garage, question. if it does not have one, should i get one, or is it not necessary with the newer tractors,or do i just not need it for finish mower?

/ SLIP CLUTCH #2  
It should have either a slip clutch or a shear bolt, to protect the implement and the tractor.

/ SLIP CLUTCH #3  
I have never seen a slip clutch on a finish mower.

Most finish mower blades are run by belts on pulleys.
the belts should slip before you break anything should you hit something.

/ SLIP CLUTCH #4  
Are you sure that wasn't an overrunning clutch? De- clutching an "N" doesn't disconnect the PTO from the transmission so you need an overrunning clutch to keep the mower from propelling the tractor.

/ SLIP CLUTCH
i do beleive u are correct, the dealer i bought th mower from said i should have one to stop the mower from running the tractor up a tree.did not realize the difference between the two. thought they were one and the same. isee i was wrong AGAIN /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif. thanks for setting me straight.

/ SLIP CLUTCH #6  
Shear bolts sure sound cheaper. The whole point, AFAIK, of a <font color=blue> finish </font color=blue> mower is to mow grass. I'm not sure how the grass grows in your end o fthe country ... but here in Michigan it hasn't been known to stop many mowers. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif
Now a bush/brush/trash mower ... on the other hand ... well, lets just say that the 2-3 inch willows have managed to make me intimately familiar with changing shear bolts.