My Saturday

/ My Saturday #1  

Spencer

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC33D w/R4 Tires, Rear Remote, Hydraulic Toplink, 2 Auxiliary Work Lights, 7308 Loader w/Kasco Uni-Hitch (Quick Tach)
I started out the day by washing my tractor. I took delivery at the end of December and it has never had a bath. After the bath I spent two hours trying to hook up my new 3-point cement mixer. I assembled it last weekend but never got around to doing the initial hook up. Things didn't go well, I am going to have to return it. I guess the lift arms on my TC33D are just too short. You have to check the full range of movement before you cut the driveshaft. There is no way to cut it short enough for the one extreme and still have it long enough for the other extreme.

So I moved on to hook up my new Bush Hog 2102 post hole digger. No driveshaft problems here, just like me Bush Hog Squeeler 600, the stock driveshaft needs no modifications. I went and dug my first hole, a test hole. I used the 9" double flight auger, my 12" is still on order. WOW, what a hole this thing makes. My soil is mostly sand and this thing didn't labor at all. The instructions said to have the engine set just above idle speed, lower the auger, and when it starts to labor then raise it up and then lower it again. Well it never started to labor, I guess I could have just bought a cheap off brand if I knew it was going to be this easy, or at least bought the cheaper single flight augers for it. The augers are 48" long and I had at least a good foot of water in the bottom of my hole. I guess me, my house, and my whole six acres of woods out here are just floatin.

After my test hole I went and dug a hole for a 4x6 post to mount a 16 foot tube gate. I ran into a root or two here so I guess the investment into the Bush Hog brand paid off a little. Same foot of water in the bottom of this hole. I got the post all cemented in and will hang the gate tomorrow.

I hope everybody enjoys the extra hour of daylight. I get most of my time to play in the evening so I know I will. Maybe I'll take some pictures tomorrow of my freshly cleaned tractor with the PHD on it.

Spence

/ My Saturday #2  
Spencer

Sounds like you and your tractor spent some quality time together. A must for one's sanity I reckon.

I am green with envy at all the toys (er investments) that you have for your machine.

All the water down there is interesting. Might rust/rot your posts out pretty quick??

Oh well, at least the digging is easy.

Have fun with your baby /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Cheers

/ My Saturday #3  
That does indeed sound like a good Saturday Spence. Odd about the water level though. Is your land low, or is it just from spring thaws /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ My Saturday #4  
<font color=blue>All the water down there is interesting. </font color=blue>

Gee, Neil...I thought pretty much everything was "up" to you..? /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Pete

/ My Saturday #5  
Your Saturday was a heck of a lot better than mine...I work outside from 9am until 5pm w/my better half /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif and she was a mean boss /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif but cutie for sure. /w3tcompact/icons/love.gif

/ My Saturday #6  
sounds like u had a better saturday than me/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif had to go to work then came home and did some more raking in the yard. then today had to do a small job on car, and after the frost burned off, did some more raking and picked up a couple of wagon loads off the front and side yard. back is all raked but still need to pick it up, have to get this done before we go on vac. next week tto the SUNNY SOUTHWEST.all the time i was in and out of garage kept looking at the bota, wanting to play with her(actually a little to wet for what i need to do). darn shame to waste such a nice warm day(45 deg.) ddoing such boring work.

/ My Saturday #7  
Spence,
I didn't know the Lake level was up that high /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif?
Nick

/ My Saturday #8  
Doesn't sound like they're having much of a drought there, does it? At around four feet, he's probably hitting the top edge of the water table for that area. I was digging some test holes for a new "water feature" at the house Saturday evening. Had to go about 7 1/2 feet deep to get the same 1ft. of water. So, we'll end up having to rely on mother nature or our well to keep a decent water level.