farm pro 2425 help please

/ farm pro 2425 help please #1  

ymurf

Bronze Member
Hello,This is my first post here.I just bought a 2003 farm pro 2425 from a guy i work with.He very seldom used it and don't know a thing about it.I have a weired problem with it in the electrical dept. I was checking the lights and blinkers and stuff on it and couldn't get the rear work light to work.There is two switches on the dash,One is a single pull and the other has a double pull when you pull it.According to the manual the two stage pull is for low beam and high beam headlights.well the single pull knob is turning the headlights on and the double pull which should be going to the headlights does nothing.He said he never messed with anything so it must have came from the factory like that.Anyone here ever heard of this problem?Anyone know how i can fix this?

/ farm pro 2425 help please #2  
ymurf,

welcome to tbn.

The only way i know is to trace wires and check fuses. A digital meter is a good helper. Check fuses, burnt bulbs, bad switches, shorts, open wires pretty much in that order.

jb

/ farm pro 2425 help please
Thats kinda what i figured.Thanks.

/ farm pro 2425 help please #4  
I have one of these tractors. Try going to the Chinese tractors section on this site, you will get a lot more help. Anyway, I have never had a single problem with any of my switches but rumor is they are crap. Start with a test light and work around to check. Also check the ground for the light itself. They usually don't take the time to remove the paint from the ground and that is the cause for lots of problems. Another thing that comes to mind is the fuse for the light itself or the bulb.

Good luck

Chris

/ farm pro 2425 help please
What throws me is that the headlights come on with the wrong knob?Its like it was wired wrong.