Roundup?

/ Roundup? #1  

Mark-in-Mo

I seem to have lost my booklet for the mix ratio. Does anyone know how many ounces to the gallon? Will be used to rework a food plot "starting over"

/ Roundup? #2  
I use either Super Concentrate Round-up or Gly Star. I mix both at 2.5 oz/Gallon. Everything it touches is brown within a week or so. Hutch

/ Roundup? #3  
that sounds like a pretty strong mix. My label says 10ml per L for grass, and 15ml / L for woody weeds.

2.5 oz / gallon works out as a 2% mix (or 20ml / L) which is double the reccomended rate for killing grass, and 50% stronger than the woody "hard to kill " rate.

/ Roundup? #4  
It depends on the concentration of your roundup... some you buy from the big box stores contain less than 20% glyphosate... the concentrated form is 41%. Assuming you have 41% (read the ingredients on the label), 2-3 oz. per gallon is right on.

/ Roundup?
Thanks guys, I thought I used about 2 pints per 15 gallons. My brain "aint" what it use to be.

/ Roundup? #6  
I use 32 ounces of the 41% concentrate in my 15 Gallon ATV sprayer. That works out to roughly 2.1 oz. per gallon. Seems to always do the job.

/ Roundup? #7  
If you use Roundup at a level of concentration less than recommended, It will still kill, it just takes a little longer.

/ Roundup? #8  
It really depends. The ration you use in a spot sprayer is likely to be different than in a broadcast sprayer where you may be applying 20 gal/fluid per acre. Also, if you add surfactant or use a product with a built-in surfactant, they will be more efficient as the product adheres to the leaves much better.

You can find the bottle labels online. Assuming you are using a 41% glyphosate product, here is an example:
http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld23M011.pdf

Hope this helps-

/ Roundup? #9  
Mark-in-Mo said:
I seem to have lost my booklet for the mix ratio. Does anyone know how many ounces to the gallon? Will be used to rework a food plot "starting over"

For grasses and weeds a 2% solution is sufficient using the 41% stuff. If you want to use (and I recommend it) a surfactant. A cheap liquid dish washing soap works good. My last suggestion and I'm sure you already know this is use the generic Roundup. It's a whole bunch cheaper.