attachment needed for drainage trenches

/ attachment needed for drainage trenches #1  

n219ct

Tractor
JD 4320
Hello,

I am looking for an attachment for my JD 4320 (48HP machine). I need to clean out and make drainage trenches in my fields.

I am considering a V-shaped rear plow. Does anyone have any experience with these or other methods of cleaning out shallow drainage trenches?

Thanks in advance,

John

/ attachment needed for drainage trenches #2  
n219ct said:
Hello,

I am looking for an attachment for my JD 4320 (48HP machine). I need to clean out and make drainage trenches in my fields.

I am considering a V-shaped rear plow. Does anyone have any experience with these or other methods of cleaning out shallow drainage trenches?

Thanks in advance,

John

hey John,
I have seen a BOX blade with the right angles made used for this.. and a scrape blade do the same...
check this out..
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/116316-various-boxblade-uses.html

Let me know what you come up with. I might be able to make it work to clean out my ditches if you come up with something new...

later,
Jim

/ attachment needed for drainage trenches #3  
How about a 1 bottom plow pulled both directions so the dirt is tosses away from the center. You would get a 12-14" trench pretty quick. Then a back blade / rake to pull the dirt away from the edge and spread it out.

jb