Tractor
    JD 4320

Default attachment needed for drainage trenches

Hello,

I am looking for an attachment for my JD 4320 (48HP machine). I need to clean out and make drainage trenches in my fields.

I am considering a V-shaped rear plow. Does anyone have any experience with these or other methods of cleaning out shallow drainage trenches?

Thanks in advance,

John
    JD 4320, 400cx loader, skid steer carrier, third hydraulics, MX5 rotary mower.

Tractor
    2007 Kubota L3400

Default Re: attachment needed for drainage trenches

Quote Originally Posted by n219ct
    Hello,

I am looking for an attachment for my JD 4320 (48HP machine). I need to clean out and make drainage trenches in my fields.

I am considering a V-shaped rear plow. Does anyone have any experience with these or other methods of cleaning out shallow drainage trenches?

Thanks in advance,

John
    hey John,
    I have seen a BOX blade with the right angles made used for this.. and a scrape blade do the same...
    check this out..
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...lade-uses.html

Let me know what you come up with. I might be able to make it work to clean out my ditches if you come up with something new...

later,
    Jim

Default Re: attachment needed for drainage trenches

How about a 1 bottom plow pulled both directions so the dirt is tosses away from the center. You would get a 12-14" trench pretty quick. Then a back blade / rake to pull the dirt away from the edge and spread it out.

jb