BX Capability

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / BX Capability #11  
I have the BX2200 and it cuts nice but we also have a 19hp Simplicity and you simply cannot beat that cut. I wish the BX had the same system.

Simplicity hangs the front of the deck on the frame and the back just drags the ground. The back of the deck is all rollers from side to side. They call it a floating deck and I see no reason why Kubota could not come up with that concept on the BX series.

The only beef I have with my Kubota 60" mmm is that it scalps to ground at the top crest of a hill and leaves long grass at the bottom. We had to change the way we mow on the slopes at the top and bottom..... The old simplicity does not do that. However, the old simplicity tends to break loose going down the hill which gives for a short but wild ride.. Which is why the wife broke the steering wheel. IThat incident was caused by the pucker factor. Tom

/ BX Capability #12  
1*Loaders arent the best implement for digging if thats your plan for the toothbar - especially on small tractors like the BX. You may be better off tilling or ripping up the ground and the using the loader to scoop up the loose stuff. Backhoes are the real digging kings.
2* As for the forks you may find yourself exceeding the limits of the BX FEL if you fill those 24 inch forks with heavy brush. Dont forget theres only a single cylinder on the BX FEL and loads that arent well balanced wont be kind to it. Again Id try it without the forks first and see how well it works.
3* I dont have the FEL on my BX but have used excavators plenty of times. Perhaps one of the BXers with the FEL will also chime in.
Old_Wanker
Silver Member
=============
1*A tiller works good for this.
2*I would lift only lighter loads with the forks than with the bucket.
3*I just did.

<font color="purple"> Mr. Crows:
1*So here I am struggling with the choice of a BX versus a B7500 or equivalent and in following you posts I am getting the impression were you to have to choose one tractor BX or B2410 you would go with the BX.
2*So which would you pick for your use and why.

Thanks again.
doggman
TractorByNet.com - BX Capability
==============
1*I started out shopping and pricing a B 2410 but didn't know there was a Bx 23.
When I saw it at the dealer I added it to my list.
2*My choice would be both but my pocket book said no so I went with the BX23.
The Bx 23 would do everything I wanted a tractor to do.
I Liked the smaller more nimble size.
Felt it would be more stable.
The Back Hoe was included for about the same price as the B2410 without the hoe.

</font>

/ BX Capability #13  
Reopening an almost three year old thread, started by an unregistered user, with responses from people, most of whom are no longer active. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.