Tires Should tires break loose before???

/ Should tires break loose before???
Parking brake is not set.

/ Should tires break loose before??? #12  
Have you checked the hydro fluid? My Kubota was low on Hydro fluid and front axle fluid the day I brought it home from the dealer.

Matt,

That raises a good point. I bought this machine in late December, I had a loader installed in February, they may have not run enough fluid through system. I'll check tomorrow.

Brad

/ Should tires break loose before??? #14  
If the tractor is new and only has 4 hours on it you might want to hold off awhile on loading it so heavily. While it should have more grunt than you describe it really isn't a good idea to work a new one so hard until it is broken in some...my biased opinion.:)

/ Should tires break loose before??? #15  
Brad, You "should" be able to let that thing idle in low with light hydro pedal & it should pull til it loses traction, That is not working anything hard...So with the info provided it appears you have an issue with the hydro:ie bypass pressure,fluid, filters, pump. :( Does it whine?? when load comes on...

I don't own a hydro so I'm not an expert, I'm sure someone else will have much better insight for your issue.... Good Luck:)

/ Should tires break loose before??? #16  
I had a similar problem last year. Throttle was a bit sluggish and I had very poor power. No smoke, white or black. Next thing I noticed was that I also had diesel fuel in my oil. I started the tractor cold and felt the exhaust runners as they warmed up. Two runners heated up quick the other did not heat up. I was running on 2 of 3 cylinders. My problem was a stuck ring. I would think a bad injector could cause the same symptom without the fuel in the oil.

/ Should tires break loose before??? #17  
Take it back to dealer and have them dyno it. You may want to replace fuel filter first, to make sure it is clean.

/ Should tires break loose before??? #18  
bigshovel said:
2400 rpm is pto rpm on this machine. I was absolutely in low gear.

Brad

Oh!

Ok, on a hydro there is a pressure relief valve that keeps bad expensive things from happening. It sounds like it is set too loose.

Can also be low fluid that Matt said, especially if you had a loader added. 4 cylinders and hoses can take up 1/2 of the tractors original fluid, but I would expect only 2 ish gallons on your sized tractor.

Next there is often a mesh screen on a return line or to the pre-charge pump. Owners manual check time! See if it is clogged with stuff.

As it's a new machine, I'd just do the middle one and if that doesn't fix it call the dealer.

jb

/ Should tires break loose before??? #19  
bigshovel said:
....I put the tractor in low range 4wd and eased into attempting to pull this tree out, throttle at 2400 rpm and slowly eased onto hydro pedal.... Brad

Tig probably has it right. I suspect you have confused the hydro pedal with a "gas pedal". The hydro pedal is really the gear shift. Just ahead of neutral is lowest gear, all the way forward is highest gear, with a continuous range in between. Set the throttle (which by the way actually sets the speed on the engine governer, and is not directly connected to the throttle), and move the hydro pedal just until the tractor starts to move. And then maybe another tiny bit. That should put the hydrostatic transmission in the lowest gear. Pushing down on the pedal (which is the natural thing after driving cars and trucks) just shifts the tractor into a higher gear and the tractor will have less pulling capability though go faster. So when a hydro tractor starts to bog down what is needed is to let up on the pedal, not push down on it. For more power from the engine open the "throttle" further.

Experiment with the pedal before tearing into the transmission.

With the groups thought's taken in, it turns out I was 1 1/4 gallons low on hydro fluid. That made a big difference. As Matt jr said his was low on front axle fluid, mine is way over filled. Will that hurt anything? Thank's for all of your reply's.

Brad