I hate thieves!!!

/ I hate thieves!!! #21  
smfcpacfp said:
I think it is also a function of where you live, and your neighborhood. Our country road has relatively affleuent neighbors and has very little traffic other than residents, since our street dead ends at both ends.

I leave my house unlocked except when we are away for a multi-day trip, and no one has come in and taken anything. Locking would provide very little protection, except for th most timid, since it is not in view of any neighbor. I don't lock my cars or chains my bikes to anything and have never had a problem. When I am in town I do lock my car however.

Where exactly are you located? And um are you a gun owner or do you perhaps have any dogs....:rolleyes:

I remember when we could actually do that with our cabins and nothing would happen except someone coming in making coffee and leaving a doller on the table after they washed up...those days are gone :(

/ I hate thieves!!! #22  
Wayne County Hose said:
Yep, and as long as people keep buying on Evil-bay, there will always be a market for stolen goods. E-bay is the largest market of stolen goods on the planet.

I think local pawn shops are the tool of thieves. The vast majority of eBay transactions are fine. The thieves are mostly too lazy to use eBay,

I had over $25,000 worth of tools and equipment stolen from my farm. We even know who did it, But we can do nothing thanks to the laws the democrats pass. We can't even get a search warrant to find the stuff. BTW the thief has been in jail 3 times during the last 3 years for motor vehicle related offences including killing someone while drunk. I've lost all confidence in our law enforcement and judicial system. Also I had no insurance on the equipment.

Andy

/ I hate thieves!!! #23  
AndyMA said:
I've lost all confidence in our law enforcement and judicial system.

I'm with you Andy, "the system" is as crooked as the thieves !

/ I hate thieves!!! #24  
I don't know. THere was a guy here that stole over 250 computers from the local school and sold over 200 on evil-bay. Was only caught when one didn't work and the buyer called the number on a sticker, gave the SN and it had been flagged as stolen.

Unlike "Patches", I don't have an concealed carry permit. Hmmm, come to think of it, the backhoe is a bit too big to fit into a pocket anyway....

jb

/ I hate thieves!!!
Williambos...I don't have power. It's wired but it's really old from the 50's I am guessing. I am not an electrician and wire that old scares me, the power hasn't been turned on in at least 20 years.

I have a plan to beef up my man door and I am thinking about trying to set my teethbar teeth on the bottom of my ohd to help hold it down. Once I have
that the building will be as tight as I can get it. I do have some scrap metal laying around so I am thinking that might disappear. I need to find time to haul it off before the bad guys do.

/ I hate thieves!!! #26  
Surewhynot said:
Where exactly are you located? And um are you a gun owner or do you perhaps have any dogs....:rolleyes:

I remember when we could actually do that with our cabins and nothing would happen except someone coming in making coffee and leaving a doller on the table after they washed up...those days are gone :(

It is too bad those days are gone where you live. I live in Sands Township Michigan. I am a gun owner, as are most yoopers, I suspect which might give some burgulars some pause, but my dog died 4 years ago, and we didn't replace him

/ I hate thieves!!! #27  
smfcpacfp said:
It is too bad those days are gone where you live. I live in Sands Township Michigan. I am a gun owner, as are most yoopers, I suspect which might give some burgulars some pause, but my dog died 4 years ago, and we didn't replace him

Our cabin is in Northern Wisconsin not too far from you eh. There hasn't been a safe cabin around our area for a while. Not to mention the hunting problems that made the news :( Personally I don't see the problem with shooting looters, natural selection in action :D

/ I hate thieves!!! #28  
I'm a firm believer in gun control.
True definition of gun control - Being able to hit your target.

Wedge

/ I hate thieves!!! #30  
Agree with most all of you. The laws are set up for the crooks, that's why it's called the "criminal justice system". In the parts where my cabin/barn/tractor are, the neighbors more or less look out for one another. That only goes so far though because we are far enough apart. But I will tell you this, most of the folks around me think the same. If you cut one, they all bleed. Most all have the shoot first attitude.