I think it is stuck (pic)

/ I think it is stuck (pic) #11  
JayDavis,

What size machine is that? I can't tell if it's a Marion or a B-E... What model #?

My Dad was a dragline operator at Consol Burning Star #3 here in SW Illinois until it closed in the 80's. He parked it in the spot where she was torn down. He was originally hired at the mine as a welder to build that very machine.

You guys have a pretty hairy situation going on there... best of luck with it, and be careful!

/ I think it is stuck (pic) #12  
This type of dragline is called a "walking dragline." Mega-Excavators showed one walking...impressive. The show also had images of two bucket wheel excavators passing each other like ships in the night in Germany's Rhineland. It was totally surreal watching those machines on the move.

/ I think it is stuck (pic) #13  
Prior to my retirement from my welding business, I did lots of repair on heavy equipment. Nothing like this drag-line though. There are a few large machines here in PA however. Most are idle in the coal fields. A guy near Scranton owns 5 of the world's largest dozers, the Komatsu 575, rated at 1150 HP. I want to see one in operation. Blade is 24 ft wide. According to a former shop boss at a Komatsu dealer, he told me they will drop a blade 6 ft in the ground and never stop.

Largest dozer American made is the D-11 Cat rated at 850 HP.

/ I think it is stuck (pic) #14  
There used to be the world's biggest dragline here in Ohio, but the mine wasn't paying off so they scrapped the thing. It was called "Big Muskie". The bucket could hold 220 cu. yds. of material. When they scrapped it, they saved the bucket as a tourist attraction.

/ I think it is stuck (pic) #16  
daTeacha said:
There used to be the world's biggest dragline here in Ohio, but the mine wasn't paying off so they scrapped the thing. It was called "Big Muskie". The bucket could hold 220 cu. yds. of material. When they scrapped it, they saved the bucket as a tourist attraction.

The Wishbone from the Bucket is making tours around here also as a traveling memorial to the Big Muskie. If I find the pic I will post it from the local tractor show.

/ I think it is stuck (pic) #17  
Yall will love these....

d575_10.jpg

Acco_dozer.jpg

YouTube - Giant Komatsu D575A dozer

Check out the huge ACCO Road Grader..

Largest Graders - Heavy Equipment Forums

/ I think it is stuck (pic) #18  
Z-Michigan said:
Someone should edit the photo to have "FAIL" written across the bottom...

Maybe I'm not in the right frame of mind, but, I don't get it???

/ I think it is stuck (pic) #20  
Ah, Ok. My Dad was a coal miner, and an operator of a dragline like this one, albeit a little smaller (B-E 1150) for many years... and I just wasn't seeing any humor in this situation.