Page 101 of 383 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3830
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

Default Re: TODAYS SEAT TIME

Best way in the world to rot just about anything: put it on the ground and cover it with a tarp.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

I put about 4 hours on the L4400HST yesterday evening moving dirt and rocks from the Barn Razing actually burnt it first then dug up the concrete to find the final surprise a gazillion rocks of all sizes. Here are few pis of the rocks just from this evening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -hpim3557a-jpg   -hpim3563a-jpg  
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    JD 3520 powerreverser

Trimming the hedges around the orchard with the help of my youngest grand son.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscf1487-r-olution-de-l   -dscf1486-r-olution-de-l   -dscf1491-r-olution-de-l   -dscf1492-r-olution-de-l   -dscf1489-r-olution-de-l  

-dscf1475-r-olution-de-l   -dscf1477-r-olution-de-l   -dscf1472-r-olution-de-l  
    3520 PR

Tractor
    Kubota M9000 Hyd Kubota M105 shuttle

Quote Originally Posted by Short Game View Post
    Best way in the world to rot just about anything: put it on the ground and cover it with a tarp.
    I found that out early on. I thought I could just buy hay tarps and cover them. The learning curve became a right angle real quick.

Those pictures in the Northern Tool catalog (and others) are very misleading. They (round bales) might look like that the day you put them in there but in 30 days, they will be pismuckle brown, very oval and moldy as all get out inside.

The only practical way to store hay at ground level is elevated from grade (by pallets or boards) so air can circulate, square bales or rounds and rounds need to be stacked on end. I've been doing this around 10 years now so learn from my mistakes.

So, what do you do with moldy, ugly round bales that nothing will eat and you can give away? Burn 'em. Just make sure the wind is blowing in a direction that isn't toward your house, neighbors or any close population. They stink unbelievably.

People a mile away can smell the stink but probably won't discover the source of the smell.
    A couple Kubota's and some payment books.....
    "If haying was easy, everyone would do it. It isn't."

Elite Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by 5030 View Post
    So, what do you do with moldy, ugly round bales that nothing will eat and you can give away?
    Make compost? Microbes will eat it.
    Last edited by Short Game; 07-31-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Short Game View Post
    Mix 'em with wood chips and make compost.
    That would be some stinky compost. I have no shortage of composted material here. My wife's percheron Draft mares make plenty, everyday. I grow the best peppers, potatoes cabbage and onions around.... and some serious weeds too.

More fun to roast. The people down the road a bit decided that they would burn their baby's diapers in the burn barrel when the prevailing wind was blowing my way.... Smoldering baby diapers loaded with feces make for a wonderful aroma in the morning, especially with your coffee and the morning paper......

I bided my time and waited for a prevaling wind blowing their way and lit off a moldy, wet stinky 4x4 in the side lot. I had their house veiled in smoke...it vanished in the stinky cloud. he came down the next day complaining about the stink. I just replied that I had more should he decide to burn diapers again. That was the end of the diaper scenario. Sometime you gotta do what you gotta do......

Elite Member
    Tractor

Tell him to put the diapers up on pallets and they'll keep better.

=============\

All right then, no more having fun.

=============

On topic: I got out of the seat and split another trailer of wood.

Tractor

I actually wanted to wad them up and stick them up his.....ss. His wife is very nice and cute too. I'm a sucker for sweet smelling pretty ladies so I just smoked them out.

People around here keep their distance, they all think I'm nuts, they know I'm a gun nut and I shoot on the property regularly, usually large caliber....and I have a couple motorcycles.

I like that. I don't have to worry about some idiot breaking in and upsetting my dogs.

Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

Headed out this morning to trim some trees and cut up a tree that fell on my riverbank. It was a pretty warm day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -forumrunner_20110802_232839-png   -forumrunner_20110802_232850-png  

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Actually a couple of days ago, but filling in wash outs.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Page 101 of 383 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151201 ... LastLast