TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,021  
New B2320, just hitting 10 hours. Past two days ~ 5 hours filling 4-yard dumpster-needed 10-yard-with various debris then pushing logs on back lot to clear area to dump countless loads of rotten wood + creating 3 new parking spots for tractor etc. I found 20" rotten fire logs I'd stacked 16 years ago + old rotten dock sections with nails, all under years of leaves. Why oh why did I save this stuff?

Tractor is a marvel but with plain old FEL I did a ton of 'hand loading' logs into bucket & my lower back knows it. This little machine can push stuff though; love it.

Attachments

• image-2208562010.png
    image-2208562010.png
    602.7 KB · Views: 297
  • image-554300712.png
    image-554300712.png
    528.7 KB · Views: 294
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,022  
Did some mowing today. Reached the north side of the property, which brings the present pass to an end. Will be able to put the deck away at least for a week.

Attachments

• DSCF1589 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1589 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    421.8 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCF1585 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1585 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    367.3 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCF1586 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1586 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 215
  • DSCF1587 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1587 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCF1590 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1590 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCF1588 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1588 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    386.8 KB · Views: 216
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,023  
Finally got some of the other projects done so that I could get to using my auger to drill some nice fence post holes. Got started today and hope to have all the holes done by tomorrow.
As a bonus it was sunny all day. :cool: :)

Attachments

• AugerWaterBug 007.jpg
    AugerWaterBug 007.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 295
  • AugerWaterBug 009.jpg
    AugerWaterBug 009.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 263
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,024  
bush hogged all the roads and food plots on a 500 acre lease. I was opening one on the gates with the slide pole in the middle(that allows owner and leaser to have access) when about 100 red wasp lit into me. I will be sore for a while. Plus I had to run back up to the gate to get my tractor.:thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,025  
Finished up a driveway job today. 4 18 yd. truckloads of sizzler stone. Nice stuff, better than limestone in my opinion. Had a lot of prep to do before hand. A garage was built in a "hole" and the apron had a pond by it after every rain. To complicate matters there were numerous buried electrical cables in the area that needed to be excavated. After consulting with the land owner we decided to lower the area by the apron and create a swail for drainage in the opposite direction. Material removed was relocated to some areas that were low and saved an extra truckload of sizzler. Many rocks were encountered but this one was memorable. Only a bit was showing when I started but this is what came out after 10-15 minutes of effort!

Attachments

• MVC-257F.JPG
    MVC-257F.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 339
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,026  
My seat time started by removing the seat...to get at the 3pt hydraulics. My Long 2360 developed a pretty bad leak a couple of weekends back. It was running out from the hyd. valve cover plate and all down the trans-axle. After I removed the plate, I found the source of the problem was a 4 inch diameter O-ring. and of course the gasket broke in the process of removing the plate. I made a run to town and found some gasket material and a replacement O-ring. I cut out a new gasket with an Exacto knife, installed it and the O-ring and voila', no more leak!

After the repair, I bush hogged an acre as a "field test" and bush hogged a couple of trails in the woods. I was getting low on fuel so I knocked off. Tomorrow I will get some diesel and finish that back field for sure...unless it rains.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,027  
First time with my old beater Iseki rotovater on the new LS today. 3PH was a little different and the PTO shaft had to be shortened to get it to fit. It was way short already. Took off one more inch and it fit. Ran it for about an hour before the PTO shaft gave up the ghost. The female tube blew out, apparently not handling having only about three inches of overlap. Hopefully I will get a scrap of that funny shaped tube from a cut off scrap at the dealer if they have one. It only has to be about 7 inches long. I will reinforce several inches of the working end by wrapping it tightly in thick high tensile steel wire, clamping that in place, and brazing it solid. That should make it strong enough to be that short.

Now it's getting close to 90 degrees out there for the first time this year. I'm going to stay indoors until it cools back down. I know, I know, I'm crybabying. Not used to it.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,028  
Pulled a(nother) car out of the ditch. The driver offered to pay, but I declined.

Karma treated me right, though--the plumber only charged me $60 for the Sunday callout instead of $145 (turns out my septic tank is full), and the tire shop made such a mess of things that the comps brought my $700 bill down to just under $400.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,029  
Finally got the tree cleaned up that some high winds snapped off. I cut it up yesterday and cleaned up the mess today. Pretty cool how even clamp on pallet forks will just scoop up that brush so you can carry it away.
Here is pics of the tree, the wind blew it about hundred feet before it smacked into the telephone pole.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110821_232503.png
    ForumRunner_20110821_232503.png
    476 KB · Views: 263
  • ForumRunner_20110821_232551.png
    ForumRunner_20110821_232551.png
    504 KB · Views: 254