TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,101  
x2 on the nice dump trailer. How much to get one shipped to the states?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,102  
Spent a few minutes up the road moving a couple of rocks to block off a path horse people made, unfortunately dirt bikes and ATV's will end up using it as well and then wreck our private road. So mission accomplish. :thumbsup: :)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,103  
With my work schedule this week, I haven't even started the tractor since Monday!:(

It looks like tomorrow may be to booked up to get any seat time, either. However, I plan to visit my grandmother on her 106th birthday! Not many of us get the opportunity to do that! She does remarkably well for her age, but her memory is pretty much gone.

Sunday, I hope to fill the rest of the big hole I dug to bury a rock on Monday, and to attack some more stumps.

By the way, this is my 100th post on TBN.:)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,104  
x2 on the nice dump trailer. How much to get one shipped to the states?
Absolutely no idea of shipping prices. It would be unreasonable, you probably have even better stuff in the States. But you know, my 3520 was shipped from the States (probably a great number of them in the same boat, so cheap transport. But they might have room on the return journey.
The price here is 3.609 Euros for the basic version, plus a few hundred for spare wheel, wire fence extension, lighting ... And I had to take off the draw bar (not allowed on the road here) and replace it with a strong automatic hook.
It was not easy because on the road the 3520 is only allowed to pull 1.400 kilos and I often have to drive on the highway a bit. After searching the internet for a long time, I could only find two that corresponded.
The 2 models were the same : weight 400 kilos, load 1 ton. This one came through the JD dealer.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,105  
WOW!!! :thumbsup: That hedge trimmer is AWESOME!!!:thumbsup:

Where do I get one? :D

David

Thank you for your appreciation. This is a British sickle-bar trimmer I chose because it was happy with just the tractor's hydraulics. No cumbersome tank, no extra oil. The hydraulic motor runs great and is very quiet, no overheating that I can see. It operates on both sides of the tractor, which is invaluable in tight quarters (telegraph poles and wires in my case).

It is only a reduction of the big AG trimmers with cutting disks manufactured by the same firm. I've had it for 3 years now with no issues.

It takes some time getting used to, I get a sore neck looking over my shouder, when you have to come close to the hedge, there's no way you can see what's happening on the top of the hedge (and of course if you stand up, the !%@!!! seat-switch kills the engine.

In spite of all that I love the thing. Saves a lot of work, makes things much quicker : 3 days in all for vthe long laurel hedge instead of at least 2 weeks by hand, plus it's great fun.

It's a pity it's rather flimsy because I would love to use it as a hydraulic crane at times.

Attachments

• DSCF3171 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF3171 (Copier).JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 372
  • DSCF3169 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF3169 (Copier).JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCF3170 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF3170 (Copier).JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 435
  • DSCF3172 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF3172 (Copier).JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCF3174 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF3174 (Copier).JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,106  
Dug a trench, with my backhoe, for an electrical cable for the calf shed I built earlier this year. It runs from the back of my shop and is about 60 ft long from building to building. Using some lawn sand I had left over to put the direct burial cable in. Other than my tractor should be no other traffic going over it. Even using some yellow tape to mark it. :laughing: :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,107  
hotdogL553 said:
I welded a receiver hitch to the back of the skid steel so I could haul the dump trailer with me. We had a wind storm so clean up with the skid steer and dump trailer makes it go a little better. How do you survive without a FEL?
Thanks, Hotdog

Sweet

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,108  
Hi all,

Today my wife and I picked up 25 bucket loads of twigs, sticks, and leaves blown to the ground by Irene. (Used the bucket as a industrial dust pan...)

All 25 buckets dumped into a lovely fire.

Does anyone else use thier bucket to dump rubish into a fire pit?

~Kevin

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,109  
Decided to finally muck out the old horse stall in the corner of my barn. What is now my shop, used to be a horse barn when I bought the place a couple years ago. There was an horse stall about 12' x 14' in the back corner... out of that area, I scraped out about six or seven buckets full of dried, super compacted horse poop.

Once all the poop was cleaned out, I used the box blade to rip up the compacted AB-3 that was very unlevel. The horse had stomped around and kicked the gravel around so that there were six inch deep holes in part of the stall and high spot in other parts. There is kind of a high spot right up next to the wall, but since the rippers on the box blade are about a foot and half in front of the blade, I couldn't get that spot ripped up. I could have really used a tooth bar for my bucket... I'm going to have to get one of those.

I also had to move a dead project truck out of the way so I could somewhat maneuver around in the barn. Used the tractor to pull the truck out of the barn with a chain. When it came time to put it back, I fabbed up a "dead vehicle push bar" to push it back into the barn. I took a peice of 2"x2" box tube and drilled two holes for the receiver hitch pin. Then notched the other end with a V-notch to accept a piece of 2" angle iron. With the push bar installed in the receiver hitch, I lined up the cutting edge of the bucket into the V-shape "pocket" of the angle iron and pushed the dead truck back into the barn.

All it all, it was a good day and the old 955 earned it's keep again.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,110  
i finally got some seat time with my great nephew riding around the pasture.he loves the tractor an can ride it all day long.