TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,171  
Mowed a couple of acres at the MIL's place w/ the 3038e & 59" Caroni finish mower ...

Nick

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,172  
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,173  
Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,174  
Used BX23 bucket to lift and move mower deck and tiller into shed. Tiller nicely stacked atop mower deck thanks to a couple scrap pieces of 4x4. They'll be under real cover this winter vs covered by inadequate tarp materials.:eek:
12セ' X 20' shed shrinking fast with BX23, Suski 4whlr, 99 Bearcat and implements. But @ $2,500.00 delivered will make do.:laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,175  
I spent about an hour backdragging uphill on the west loop of the driveway, followed by almost 3 hours on the shovel and rake.

Then I ground two 24" plus pine stumps down to ~10" below grade.:thumbsup:

Then I cleared some good oak out of the slash pile and moved it to my firewood bucking pile. I practiced picking up single logs with the grapple tryting not to tear up the grass. I moved half a broken peach tree to the firewood pile. I moved about 40' poplar tree top that snapped in one of the last storms, I could lift it and move it out of the path, but I could not get it to the firewood pile because I did not have a 40' wide open area, and I forgot the chain. I ground a small pawlonia stump out of the tempoorary pasture area, and I tried to use the root grapple to break up a big bump of dirt the bush hog bottoms out on.

I think I got about 3.5 hours of tractor time today. It was awesome!:D:D:D

Then I took my family to a small hoe down & camp fire with their homeschool buddies at a local REAL farm. :thumbsup:

We just got home and my bib-o's smell like s'mores :licking:

It was a GREAT day!

Be Well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,176  
just got inside after mowing hay with a john deer 720 and swapping off with the ford 860........... uncle and i traded back and forth a few times, just to see the difference

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,177  
David sounds like you had a lot of fun today. I started on finishing the large front yard area I tore up last weekend with the stump removal. Started by digging out a bunch of big rocks, old cut off stump, and leveling up the yard. Then the Wife and I put down 40 bags of store bought topsoil, and seeded and strawed. The wife does the straw, as I still have hay-fever big time. The rocks have always been there, and I have been "sharpening:eek:" my mower blades on them for some time. Some are so large I just had to sledge-hammer the tops off of them and go with that.

Sure was great weather though for this kind of work.

James K0UA

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,178  
David sounds like you had a lot of fun today. I started on finishing the large front yard area I tore up last weekend with the stump removal. Started by digging out a bunch of big rocks, old cut off stump, and leveling up the yard. Then the Wife and I put down 40 bags of store bought topsoil, and seeded and strawed. The wife does the straw, as I still have hay-fever big time. The rocks have always been there, and I have been "sharpening:eek:" my mower blades on them for some time. Some are so large I just had to sledge-hammer the tops off of them and go with that.

Sure was great weather though for this kind of work.

James K0UA

James,

Yes I did. So did you it seems. I also grappled a couple very large rocks from around stumps along the driveway I will be grinding.

I called "Miss Utility" and I need to wait for them to paint before I can go crazy on the Pawlonia stumps. The ones I ground today are out in the pasture area where I am clearing. these were stumps that make the tractor titlty, if you follow my meaning...

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,179  
James,

Yes I did. So did you it seems. I also grappled a couple very large rocks from around stumps along the driveway I will be grinding.

I called "Miss Utility" and I need to wait for them to paint before I can go crazy on the Pawlonia stumps. The ones I ground today are out in the pasture area where I am clearing. these were stumps that make the tractor titlty, if you follow my meaning...

David

Think how "tilty" it would be if you didn't have the loaded tires:shocked:

James K0UA

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,180  
Think how "tilty" it would be if you didn't have the loaded tires:shocked:

James K0UA

They were hidden under some dirt and barkdust and when I'd hit them, the tractor would lurch to the side... Not so much now!

Loaded tires are nice, yes!

David