TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,181  
Finally it is not 90+ degrees here....so I went to the farm with my tractor and used the FEL to move 3 pretty big pine trees that had been brought down in one of our near tornadoes over the past summer...I had already cut them into 5 ft. sections so they fit nicely into my bucket...I have a low spot back in the woods where I dump them...In the years past I would have put them in a burn pile but the government won't let me do that anymore ...Wonder what others will do that have no place to dump their wood from a storm...It is really expensive for a roll off or to hire a dump truck and the fee at the landfill is pretty steep as well...Anyway..glad I got that done..

Next week I will bush hog and I will take before and after pics and post..

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,182  
Finally it is not 90+ degrees here....so I went to the farm with my tractor and used the FEL to move 3 pretty big pine trees that had been brought down in one of our near tornadoes over the past summer...I had already cut them into 5 ft. sections so they fit nicely into my bucket...I have a low spot back in the woods where I dump them...In the years past I would have put them in a burn pile but the government won't let me do that anymore ...Wonder what others will do that have no place to dump their wood from a storm...It is really expensive for a roll off or to hire a dump truck and the fee at the landfill is pretty steep as well...Anyway..glad I got that done..

Next week I will bush hog and I will take before and after pics and post..

Isn't there an EPA regulation that says you can only dump pine logs in high spots now Bob? :laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,183  
Isn't there an EPA regulation that says you can only dump pine logs in high spots now Bob? :laughing:

Jake...you are absolutely right and now that you have pointed that out to me, I am going to turn myself in and if there is a reward I will be sure they send it to you...I will tell them you are the one that fingered me...:laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,184  
About five weeks ago, I had a half-dead tree cut down:
attachment.php

Today, I finally started cleaning up the mess:
attachment.php

Some of it was too big for my poor li'l Mahindra 3316, so a neighbor brought his winch truck over:
attachment.php

I finished the day giving my three-year-old a ride around the yard.

Attachments

• IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    671 KB · Views: 497
  • IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    643.9 KB · Views: 505
  • IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    523 KB · Views: 666
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,185  
That truck's about 6 inches away from needing new rear tires.:shocked:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,186  
They were definitely doing all the work: at times, the front end was completely off the ground, with the predictable effect on minor little details like "steering" and "brakes."

Also, apologies for the page-widening images; I didn't realize they were that large until I posted. Looks like today it's my turn to be "that guy."

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,187  
Short Game said:
I run a day late on the seat time stuff, as I do the pics in the morning.

Yesterday I moved the big limbs that are going to be my next batch of mushroom logs and bucked the first of them to 48 inches. I also buzzed a trailer full of the smaller limbs that were bigger than I wanted to chip.

I think I finally know how to post the pics as linking thumbnails. Here goes:

Awesome pics. Love the saw on the back. What a setup.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,188  
Awesome pics. Love the saw on the back. What a setup.

That's probably about a '30s vintage buzz saw that was converted to modern PTO drive. It was originally a wide belt PTO. I saw the same saw in an insurance company commercial that used an outtake of an old Lassie show. Timmy was unconscious in a burning barn and Lassie had to get help. Inside that burning barn was my exact buzz saw. It was about a week after I'd gotten it. That cracked me up.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,189  
No seat time this weekend. Horrible rainy weekend.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,190  
Some of it was too big for my poor li'l Mahindra 3316, so a neighbor brought his winch truck over:
attachment.php

I see your kind neighbor has a "show no mercy" attitude towards his winch truck :D