Page 123 of 475 FirstFirst ... 2373113120121122123124125126133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 4742
    Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Default Re: TODAYS SEAT TIME

I got in about an hour on the tractor and 3 hours on the chainsaw.

I took a extended length set of lim loppers along and cleared a bunch of holly and other trees that had branches under the canopy on the southern fire road.

I also bucked a fallen tree into 3 large chunks and a bunch of limbs and hauled itto the current sawing area. Then I waded into the pile of wood. I did not stop until I had thrown the chain and my friends were arriving for dinner.

I felt fine most of the day, but now my hands are killing me...

David

PS - I forgot to take the parking brake off. I was puzzled about the lack of power in medium range... Did not take me too long to figure it out!

David
    Last edited by MossflowerWoods; 10-08-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: added PS
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, Freshly Clear Cut!, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Veteran Member tungularafishcamp's Avatar
    Tractor
    kubota L2800, 1/2 of a L48

My little kubota started it's day hauling gravel and smoothing the floor of the root cellar to be. I bucked up a 50' beachcombed piling to make the foundation for the rootcellar and about the time I started cutting notches n bevels I decided it was too nice a day to work.

Up the mountain my crewman and I tromped, got a couple little forked horns so the kubota got to bring them home once we hit the beach with them and skin them for us
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1184-jpg  
    Rick

Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

Cut a load yesterday for my neighbor and myself.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -forumrunner_20111010_193942-png  

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

The only seat time I've had in days was to move the tractor to the upper field before the baby's nap "Just in case" I got enough stuff done to tractor...

With my carpal tunnel surgery on Monday, I've been using my hands as much as possible before I'm severely limited to 5lbs of less for SIX WEEKS!!! (any bets on how long before I violate that order).

In the last few days I've rebuilt the pantry cupboard doubling the shelves, I redid the wife's side of the walk-in closet and I've hauled off massive loads of trash and scrap.

I loaded the bed of the F-150 and the 5x12 flatbed trailer with a huge load of just junk (old tarps, old siding, junk just left out in the woods) and hauled it to the landfill.

Then I did it again with 1400 lbs of scrap iron (old rusted rototillers, etc. all Iron). Then I overloaded the bed of the truck with a load of Aluminum, Copper, Brass, etc (the money load!) both these to the local scrap yard for $$$. I hauled 900 lbs of iron out in April, and I've got quite a bit more, a couple loads at least.

Today I'm taking the big girls to visit our horse out at the rescue (and tell him we are starting on his temporary pasture) plus to a Pig Roast, so no tractor time today. Maybe on Sunday...

I added a new picture of Dee Dee Bee ("David's Dirt Bike" as my wife calls it) just because I thought it looked pretty sitting in the trees...

Be well all TBN'ers!
    David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img-20111013-00096-jpg  
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, Freshly Clear Cut!, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//CAT 312B//Komatsu D38

Quote Originally Posted by MossflowerWoods View Post
    The only seat time I've had in days was to move the tractor to the upper field before the baby's nap "Just in case" I got enough stuff done to tractor...

With my carpal tunnel surgery on Monday, I've been using my hands as much as possible before I'm severely limited to 5lbs of less for SIX WEEKS!!! (any bets on how long before I violate that order).

In the last few days I've rebuilt the pantry cupboard doubling the shelves, I redid the wife's side of the walk-in closet and I've hauled off massive loads of trash and scrap.

I loaded the bed of the F-150 and the 5x12 flatbed trailer with a huge load of just junk (old tarps, old siding, junk just left out in the woods) and hauled it to the landfill.

Then I did it again with 1400 lbs of scrap iron (old rusted rototillers, etc. all Iron). Then I overloaded the bed of the truck with a load of Aluminum, Copper, Brass, etc (the money load!) both these to the local scrap yard for $$$. I hauled 900 lbs of iron out in April, and I've got quite a bit more, a couple loads at least.

Today I'm taking the big girls to visit our horse out at the rescue (and tell him we are starting on his temporary pasture) plus to a Pig Roast, so no tractor time today. Maybe on Sunday...

I added a new picture of Dee Dee Bee ("David's Dirt Bike" as my wife calls it) just because I thought it looked pretty sitting in the trees...

Be well all TBN'ers!
    David
    Nice pic. That's a serious grapple! Hey, since you won't be able to use that stumpgrinder for several weeks....ahhh...err....(ahem)

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by scoutcub View Post
    Nice pic. That's a serious grapple! Hey, since you won't be able to use that stumpgrinder for several weeks....ahhh...err....(ahem)
    FRANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems I need to amend my statment, "You NEVER mess with a Man's Wife, his Harley, or His Stump Grinder, not necesarily in that order"...

I have restrictions on lifting, but the joystick and rear remotes require NO LIFTING with my hands... Heh, heh, heh...

I will be telling the wife "But Darling, the ONLY stuff I can do off the "Honey-Do list are ALL tractor related..."

Be well,
    David

PS - Frank and all TBN'ers, the house (and at least 17 ac) at the end of the pavement (beginning of my gravel) is FOR SALE! If a TBN'er buys it and moves in they OF COURSE can borrow attachments!!!!

PPS - I love my grapple too of course...

Tractor
    John Deere 2305

Years ago, I smashed up my left wrist and arm pretty good. So good that the docs threw in a free piece of titanium rod with my surgery (seriously - I was curious and looked all over the bills for it, and I couldn't find the rod itemized anywhere. Guess it was "free titanium with $20,000 in medical purchases" day...)

Anyway, I was under strict restrictions not to overdo it. Even though I'm right handed, there's still plenty of work that takes two hands, as you all know. I was "limiting" myself to 10-15lb loads straight on w/ no twisting. So I go in for my eight week checkup and the doc glances at my xrays and gets "that look" on his face. He says "you've been overdoing it, haven't you?" and I feel like a kid whose dentist has just found out he hasn't flossed. The fracture wasn't closing and I got put on a SIXTEEN OUNCE restriction for 8 more weeks. I thought it was a death sentence, but I got through it.

Moral - overdoing it now means even longer recovery time - listen to the docs! It *will* heal if you let it!
    Last edited by North Country; 10-15-2011 at 11:11 AM.
    NC

My hills have hills.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by North Country View Post
    Moral - overdoing it now means even longer recovery time - listen to the docs! It *will* heal if you let it!

North Country,

Who is paying you? My wife or my Dr.???

I know... I know... I will be gentle as much as I can.

David

Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

...and started a sheet storm over in Welding!

You've been a buy boy.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Veteran Member tungularafishcamp's Avatar
    Tractor
    kubota L2800, 1/2 of a L48

David, North Country is so right about overdoing it! I have lotsa friends that have gone thru that carpal tunnel surgery and most overdo it as 5 lbs is nothing. One trick that worked for several was to wear a sling and when they were working, just slip the arm into the sling so they dont automatically use it without thinking. The sling also serves as a reminder not to over do it, like picking up your little one and bouncing her on your knee
    Rick

Page 123 of 475 FirstFirst ... 2373113120121122123124125126133173223 ... LastLast