TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,231  
It sounds like recovery from CT surgery is about the same as recovery from CT without surgery.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,232  
Good Afternoon,
I mowed the grass around the house with my old trusty
Wheel Horse C-125 today ! Thirty years young ! ;)

Attachments

• DCP_0631.JPG
    DCP_0631.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 193
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,233  
...and started a sheet storm over in Welding!

You've been a busy boy. :)

David now you know why I did not weigh in on that welding thread, Some guys take their welders far too seriously if you ask me.:) it's all good.
Hey try to check in with us, and let us know how the surgery went, and how you are doing.

Today I have spent taking out some more of the 4 to 6 inch cedars and cleaning up the ground from the underbrush across the road. I just now came in and have a headache from not eating, and probably not enough water, I am about wore smooth from jumping on and off the tractor, No "groundman" today, to set chain or anything.

James K0UA

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,235  
...and started a sheet storm over in Welding!

You've been a buy boy. :)

It sounds like recovery from CT surgery is about the same as recovery from CT without surgery.

ShortGame,

I DID NOT start that storm. That was spontaneous combustion and I unsubscribed. I like both gentlemen, and I plan to keep it that way.

As to the recovery from CT without surgery, it is NOT typing that caused it. I can only recover without surgery if I stop the following...
1) chain sawing
2) hammering
3) splitting wood
4) shooting
5) anything manly and worth doing outside (pretty much).
Even if I stopped all that good manly man stuff, I might still not recover.

My CT went from a slow, slow growth to rapidfire total pain as soon as I moved onto his property and started clearing the junk. I am in AGONY, I can't sleep all night because my hands fall asleep so bad they awaken me mutliple times a night. and it is escalating at a rapid pace. when I wake up in the morning straightening my fingers almost brings tears to my eyes. I HATE surgery. I really hate it. but I have no choice... My whole right arm hurts up to the shoulder.

Right now I could not ride my Harley any distance. I'm the kind of guy who has done over 1,000 miles in a 24 hour window and the fact I can't ride is killing me...

Believe it or not, my orthopedic surgeon (best hand guy in Fredburg area) says the #1 client for CT is... Jackhammer operators. Vibrations KILLS the CT area...

Rick,

I will try your sling idea. I will try to take it easy, but lets face it, I live with 4 gorgeous ladies, they can't run the chainsaw if a tree falls across the drive. My luck ain't been so hot lately, the chances that I will be allowed to not lift something more than 5lbs for 6 flipping weeks is non-existent. And I am NOT missing out on hunting season. Two years ago I was on CRUTCHES until Thanksgiving and missed almost all of hunting season.

James Ku0a,

I will not stop typing:). I will check in no later than Tuesday AM. :thumbsup:

I also totally appreciated the PM on the welding, and totally understand staying out of the sheetstorm. I did also...

All,

I added another 21 chicken hens today (1/2 rhode is red 1/2 Leghorn) Thursday I added 5 leghorn hens, 1 game hen, and 1 game hen cross plus 1 Americana Rooster. So I now have 15 guineas, 6 ducks, 2 roosters, and 28 hens. I have one more duck supposedly going to show up (I paid for it).

I also saw my first Belarus tractor (not in great shape) at the place I got the hens.

The pig at the pig-roast was YUMMY too!

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,236  
You don't have to tell me about the pains of CT. I lost a job of all day/every day hammering once. They just told me to not come back when I couldn't take another swing. The last time was only a couple months back and I couldn't grip firewood to stack it. Luckily, taking a day or two off got me through that time. I have had it get my clutch wrist 800 miles from home on my bike. I had to just make a hook shape with my fingers and pull the clutch from my shoulder with a straight arm. I never got it from a keyboard.

My record for in the saddle was 1100 miles in 17 hours. But I cheated, I was on a GoldWing (an old '77).

An I wuz jest funnin' about that storm. I hope you get a deal on a good welder.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,237  
David, I would never presume to tell anyone how to raise their kids.

All I can share is what I did with my own. I taught all 4 of mine how to hunt, fish, use a chainsaw (talk about giving a dad grey hairs), taught them all which end of a wrench is up, how to cook, and tried to pass on what little I knew about anything to all 4 of them regardless of gender.(the best hunter is a daughter and the best cook is a son)

My "girliest" girl (going to beauty school) called me to thank me for making them get all greasy at times because last weekend she was able to get a friends car running when it crapped out on them in the sticks in Oregon. She also was the one who knocked out a drunken young Coast Guardsman that was assalting her friend one night, so you never know what your kids might need to get them thru life but one thing I know is even though I will always stand behind my kids, I wont be able to be beside them every minute!

Good luck on your surgery! and recouperation.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,238  

All I can share is what I did with my own. I taught all 4 of mine how to hunt, fish, use a chainsaw (talk about giving a dad grey hairs), taught them all which end of a wrench is up, how to cook, and tried to pass on what little I knew about anything to all 4 of them regardless of gender.(the best hunter is a daughter and the best cook is a son)

My "girliest" girl (going to beauty school) called me to thank me for making them get all greasy at times because last weekend she was able to get a friends car running when it crapped out on them in the sticks in Oregon. She also was the one who knocked out a drunken young Coast Guardsman that was assalting her friend one night, so you never know what your kids might need to get them thru life but one thing I know is even though I will always stand behind my kids, I wont be able to be beside them every minute!

Rick,

That is exactly what I'm trying to do myself, but it is babysteps and I've just got started now that we live sonewhere we can do all of thoise things.

My oldest just learned about metric and SAE, how to use a ratchet and irov vs. aluminum vs. copper the other day as we were taking stuff apart to haul it to the scrap metal. she took all the ferrous parts off some old intake manifold under minimal direction. She also hunted with me a little bit last year (no gun yet)and she has shot the .20 ga on the range once.

Baby steps. But I can't teach all of them overnight. I do not believe the future will be easy for my kids. I believe we are living where we are, learning what we are learning, because we NEED to. That is one of the reasons I am here on TBN sucking up the knowledge you fine folks offer for free as fast as I can to teach me all the stuff this city boy NEVER learned before, hoping I can pass it on as well.

God Bless you and yours Rick.
Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,239  

I think we'd all be better off if we'd grown up in Alaska.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,240  
Today I used the grapple and moved some scrap iron from the woodlot area near the creek up closer to the drive so I can haul it off tomorrow before surgery.

I also ground the crepe myrtle stump that will be near the corner of the motorcycle shed.

About 1.5 hours in total, not much, but it was nice. :thumbsup:

Be well.
David