TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,241  
Let the kids move some dirt around. My nephew came over and asked to drive the tractor as I was loading it on the trailer. He and my son did some FEL work moving some top soil and a compost pile then back dragging some of the access road.

Started working on clearing the land for my mom's garage. It was a late start, got over there about 5 pm and finished today's digging around 7:30pm. We got most of the area cleared and level. Should be able to finish the leveling and start digging the footers in the morning.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,242  
That time of year to get my flail mower on and head down back to mow my blueberries . I think I've got to take off the flails to sharpen them before getting started.I did get it on and put my forks(bolt on) and moved alot of things around ,even an old four-wheeler I gave to the guy across the road.
It's nice being in the seat again!!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,243  
Spent the past few days moving two year old buzz sawed limbs from covered ricks out in the yard to my woodshed. I got over four cords of limb wood from the white Christmas snowstorms of 2008. As much as I love to burn big limbs, I don't need another white Christmas like that one. Lots of 70 foot trips in the seat today hauling the cart and the rest of the time was simply picking 'em up and putting 'em down. Seems like one of the hardest things I ever do to my poor fifth lumbar. It would have been boring as heck if it were not for audio books. They can make it downright exciting.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,244  
Put up one of the last raised deer blinds. Used the pallet forks to place the tower/stand and to set the house on the tower/stand (where it's bolted securely)

d814080b.jpg

Here it is in place.
27628b0d.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,245  
i've had a blast today, spent all day driving my jd 8300 pulling a boll buggy (used in cotton harvest). usually i am in the pickup keeping everything going but today got to remember how much fun driving these things are.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,246  
This Morning I used the grapple to load some scrap metal stuff onto my flatbed trailer to haul it off to the scrap yard.

One item was a VERY old very rusted Troy-Bilt tiller. The grapple actually broke the cast iron part where the handles attached. It looked kinda like those 2 wheel tractors, but it was in seriously rough shape.

Due to being gimped up I also used it to load a huge dump truck tire and rim (I think I broke the bead off the tire and let the air out, but im not sure. One handed it was too much for me to manhandle.

This afternoon I had my surgery for my right hand carpal tunnel release. I'm pretty sore, and laptop computers are not heavy equipment, so I'm operating it (with only two fingers :) ). I hope it starts to feel better soon or I will not sleep much tonight.

Be well all TBNer's!
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,247  
This afternoon I had my surgery for my right hand carpal tunnel release. I'm pretty sore, and laptop computers are not heavy equipment, so I'm operating it (with only two fingers :) ). I hope it starts to feel better soon or I will not sleep much tonight.

Be well all TBNer's!
David

Good luck with the recovery, David! As others have advised, please resist the urge to overdo. You need to heal that thing up right the first time! Remember that the total time lost from tractoring will be less if you do.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,248  
Deere9986 said:
i've had a blast today, spent all day driving my jd 8300 pulling a boll buggy (used in cotton harvest). usually i am in the pickup keeping everything going but today got to remember how much fun driving these things are.

I been running my uncles Deere 8320 with a grain cart, been keeping pretty good yield for the Midwest around 220 and 260.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,249  
Take care MossflowerWoods-David. I type with one finger, so since you are using two fingers, you are already on the road to recovery.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,250  

Be well all TBNer's!
David

Here's to a speedy recovery, David. :thumbsup: