TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,261  
Too windy today to light my burn pile. It's suppose to get down to 38 degrees tonight. Spent the day around the house.:tractor:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,262  
I unloaded two round bales off my trailer for the first time tonight. Didn't smash anything and I was impressed that the loader had no problems curling even with the bale out near the end of the spear.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,263  
Just did a simple thing today with the tractor, took only a few minutes but saved a lot of time and backbreaking work if I had to do it with a shovel or pitchfork. The past couple of days we cleaned out the chicken coop, 3 goat pens and the calf pen. All that added up to a lot of wheelbarrow loads of manure. So out came the tractor to pile it up. You can see from the steam in pic #2 & 3 it is starting to make great compost. :thumbsup: :licking: :D

Do you ever have any problems with starting a fire? I remember as a kid that we had to be careful with hay that was bailed too green. It would start smoking in the barn.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,264  
Do you ever have any problems with starting a fire? I remember as a kid that we had to be careful with hay that was bailed too green. It would start smoking in the barn.

The manure/compost pile (I have 2) is getting nice and wet from the rain. As far as hay bales in the hay shed they come from a dairy farmer that really knows his stuff, uses a moisture meter when baling to make sure the hay is dry :thumbsup: and won't catch fire or get mold. :)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,265  
I unloaded two round bales off my trailer for the first time tonight. Didn't smash anything and I was impressed that the loader had no problems curling even with the bale out near the end of the spear.

That DK40SE should be ideal for handling those round bales.:thumbsup: Just get them close to the ground when transporting. I love moving round bales with my tractor. It makes the job effortless.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,266  
yes it can move round bales.but id only feel safe moving 4 by 5 or 4 by 6s with it.an even then id be real careful moving them.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,267  
Moving rocks!:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSCN2561.jpg
    DSCN2561.jpg
    782.4 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCN2555.jpg
    DSCN2555.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 275
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,269  
Carpal Tunnel surgery? Pee-shaw!

I spent a couple hours today doing something I have not done yet. I dropped the grapple and put on the bucket and MOVED EARTH! I played with float also.

NOTE: HEY!! Kioti guys, why can't I curl and lift at the same time!!! I can curl and drop at the same time...

I shoved a ton of slash outta the way. Then I put the grapple back on (hyd quick connects were never intended for one-handed operation, that was hard!) and I grappled outta the way the big logs and slash pieces I exposed with the bucket. I felt this was VERY Theraputic for gimpy 1-handed old me...

FYI - The 300HP Franklin mulcher showes up Monday Morning to start "helping me" with the clearing of my 5 acres of stumps & slash.

Spendy, but exciting and fast. I will start a thread Monday...

Be well,
David

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,270  
NOTE: HEY!! Kioti guys, why can't I curl and lift at the same time!!! I can curl and drop at the same time.
David

My friend with a Bobcat CT335 complains of the same issue. Apparently, it's just the way that the hydraulic system is designed on Kiotis (and their white variation - Bobcats).

Take care of that wrist!