TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,271  
Carpal Tunnel surger? Pee-shaw!

I spent a couple hours today doing something I have not done yet. I dropped the grapple and put on the bucket and MOVED EARTH! I played with float.

NOTE: HEY!! Kioti guys, why can't I curl and lift at the same time!!! I can curl and drop at te same time...

I shoved a ton of slash outta the way. Then I put the grapple back on (hyd quick connects were never intended for one-handed operation, that was hard) and I grappled outta the way the big logs and slash pieces I exposed with the bucket. I felt this was VERY Theraputic for gimpy 1-handed old me...

FYI - The 300HP Franklin mulcher showes up Monday Morning to start "helping me" with the clearing of my 5 acres of stumps & slash.

Spendy, but exciting and fast. I will start a thread Monday...

Be well,
David
I've noticed the inability to do two functions at once under load as well, the manual sort of explains why, its sort of annoying I guess but with the HST I found I can still tickle a full bucket load out of a firm pile of dirt. Maybe its possible to use one of the rear remotes for one of the loader functions through the joystick? I'm not going to mess with it though anytime soon.
Its good to hear that you're still getting some quality tractor time to help make up for being 1 handed for a while.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,272  
Mike, that rock is huge. I would have thought you wouldn't have budged it.:thumbsup:
I hardest part was digging it out of the bank. I skidded it ~50 yards downhill to where I am filling in an area. The rock came from the same bank as the stump in my avatar. Planning to build a barn in that area.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,273  
I hardest part was digging it out of the bank. I skidded it ~50 yards downhill to where I am filling in an area. The rock came from the same bank as the stump in my avatar. Planning to build a barn in that area.

I can't begin to think what you could do with a set of chain's on that beast.:shocked: I don't know if my 3240 would handle that one.
It amazes me to see what these tractors will do, love the pic's:thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,274  
I spent 6 grueling hours on my JD LX266 with a 4' york rake trying to "fix" my gravel road. I also managed to get about 1 hour on the "REAL" tractor.

So I have a thread asking if my 16hp JD mower could pull this 4" York rake and the answer is YES on the flat, but my hills are a @#$%.

Basically the wide spot just inside the gate was maybe 6" thick wihth fairly fresh "57" gravel and the rest of the road/drive was in pretty bad shape.

Additionally, the 90 degree turn just inside the gate was squirrelly on my Harleys.

So this tiny York rake could only handle small amounts of material and I had to make many multiple passes to move any material.

I tried backdragging the grapple and it helped, but I was not interested in dropping the grapple because one-handed the quick connects yesterday were NOT quick and were actually almost impossible for this gimpy Noob.

Finally in desperation, because the piles of gravel were so deep only my truck could get out in the morning to go to Church, I took the bucket, lifted it with the grapple, and tried backdragging redneck/kluge style. IT WORKED! I had to stop and re-adjust the grapple's hold on the bucket more than once, and I was ONLY moving just a small amount of loose material in a basically straight line... BUT IT WORKED!!!

In the end, I am NOT DONE, but both cars "could" get out in the morning so I am claiming this as a success.

I did not get pics of the LX266 with the york rake because I was working, sorry. I will take some tomorrow or Monday.

In the end I suspect I saved myself at LEAST one 25 ton load of recycled concrete for road refurb... Just by re-positioning what I already had...

It almost looks like a new driveway/road...

Be Well all O Y'all!

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,275  
Got some good seat time in today.

Move a bunch of broken concrete and debris...also hauled materials around for our compost pen project.

I must say, the BX hasn't seen much work for the past month or two, but I worked it good today. :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,276  
I spent 6 grueling hours on my JD LX266 with a 4' york rake trying to "fix" my gravel road. I also managed to get about 1 hour on the "REAL" tractor.

So I have a thread asking if my 16hp JD mower could pull this 4" York rake and the answer is YES on the flat, but my hills are a @#$%.

Basically the wide spot just inside the gate was maybe 6" thick wihth fairly fresh "57" gravel and the rest of the road/drive was in pretty bad shape.

Additionally, the 90 degree turn just inside the gate was squirrelly on my Harleys.

So this tiny York rake could only handle small amounts of material and I had to make many multiple passes to move any material.

I tried backdragging the grapple and it helped, but I was not interested in dropping the grapple because one-handed the quick connects yesterday were NOT quick and were actually almost impossible for this gimpy Noob.

Finally in desperation, because the piles of gravel were so deep only my truck could get out in the morning to go to Church, I took the bucket, lifted it with the grapple, and tried backdragging redneck/kluge style. IT WORKED! I had to stop and re-adjust the grapple's hold on the bucket more than once, and I was ONLY moving just a small amount of loose material in a basically straight line... BUT IT WORKED!!!

In the end, I am NOT DONE, but both cars "could" get out in the morning so I am claiming this as a success.

I did not get pics of the LX266 with the york rake because I was working, sorry. I will take some tomorrow or Monday.

In the end I suspect I saved myself at LEAST one 25 ton load of recycled concrete for road refurb... Just by re-positioning what I already had...

It almost looks like a new driveway/road...

Be Well all O Y'all!

David

I think I see a box blade in someone's future...;)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,278  
Pulled the splitter to the 'backyard', split the remaining wood. Then used the FEL and the cart to transport the wood to the side of the garage. Then my son took the 'garbage wood(filled with ants and termites), to the woods for disposal.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,279  
I think I see a box blade in someone's future...;)

Kyle,

Box Scraper is on the list!!! Rear Blade also! :thumbsup:

Actually I wish I had bought that 8' York Rake off of Craigslist a couple weeks ago.

If he still has it I think I'm gonna buy it (The wife thought we did not need it) It would have done the job (I have not finished yet!) in an hour or two. She kept talking me out of it. :ashamed:

Regardless, it was GREAT to do some REAL WORK. And on top of it all, I learned how to "recondition" my gravel from some TBN folks. and it gave me the confidence to just go out an tackle a task I had never done. It is not perfect, but my driveway looks like new. All the weeds are gone, the water damage I tried to fix by hand is gone. The place at the gate where the gravel was too thick and rolled around like marbles under my Harleys should be MUCH BETTER :)(I Can't ride one handed:().

I Love TBN and all of you guys sharing your knowledge with noobs like me.:thumbsup:

One of these days, maybe I won't be a noob any more!
Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,280  
Did some more work around the creek banks and more preparatory work with my burn pile. Just waiting on the next big rain to wet everything down in the adjacent area.:tractor: