Page 130 of 360 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 3599
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

Default Re: TODAYS SEAT TIME

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Jim even that little BX probably needed 400 to 450 lbs on the 3pt to be safe. What did you have on it? Proper ballasting means everything for safe and efficient operation. Probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but it could really save on your underwear cleaning bill

James K0UA
    Yeah, all the tyres were loaded and I usually have a Sicma 5' mower on the back but had taken that off as I was running a logging chain from the back to drag stuff out and the mower was getting in the way. The other scary part was if it had all gone tits-up no-one would know until I didn't turn up for work in two days time.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Worked in the woods with my wife.
    RRR,

Gotta LOVE a lady with a big ole chainsaw!

That is AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing!
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Would you look at that cute little York rake!..
    James K0UA
    James,
    YES IT IS! Come on over, you can borrow it any time!

I'm planning to try it on SOMETHING (Anything!) other than gravel soon...
    David
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by MossflowerWoods View Post
    James,
    YES IT IS! Come on over, you can borrow it any time!

I'm planning to try it on SOMETHING (Anything!) other than gravel soon...
    David
    How are you doing after your surgery? Hope that all is well.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

Quote Originally Posted by creekbend View Post
    How are you doing after your surgery?
    Can't you see he's taking it easy, just like the doc said?
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by Short Game View Post
    You hit the nail on the head.

Tractor
    Which one?

Would you look at that cute little York rake!.. I could have used that thing today, the wife and I picked up rocks and roots again today in our clearing project. By hand of course.! Would be nice to rake them into a pile or row and scoop them up with the bucket. Oh well, we will get it done the hard way..

James K0UA
    I have the remains of a much older version of just that device. Sadly, a piece of heavy equipment nailed it years ago and mangled the frame beyond repair. The rake itself however was salvagable. Today, it's a 4ft 3pt hitch mounted rake. Too bad it won't work on my current tractor without reconfiguring the 3pt (rake is setup for Cat0.). Should paint and sell it.

Today, I pushed leaves. Pile was far too large to effectively rake by hand (put it there with a blower) and couldn't really move it with the blower. So I pushed it into the woods with the loader like I was plowing snow. Should have taken pictures of the huge pile in front of my bucket.
    I like to play in the dirt....
    Satoh Beaver w/Blackhawk loader & hoe.
    JD855 w/stuff.

Tractor

How are you doing after your surgery? Hope that all is well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Short Game View Post
    You hit the nail on the head.
    HEY NOW! You Two Cut it OUT!

Driving the mower & tractor is NOT violating DR orders. I did not lift more than 5 lbs with my right hand (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it). In fact the FEL joystick weighs nothing!

I told the wife I can't lift 5 lbs, but the tractor FEL can lift 2700, therefore I can ONLY do tractor related honey-do's for 6 weeks!

I moved a big tree, but I did not fire up the chainsaw.

I am TRYING to ollow DR's orders...

My hand/wrist seems to be doing well. I am wearing the splint all the time. I try to pick up the baby using my arm and not my hand, she will not allow me to not pick her up though (I could not do that regardless).

I will say the constant leaning back and using that lever on the York rake to control depth of rake absolutely beat my left hand to death...

I do not know if I will get any seat time today, but I hope I will. The big Franklin 300 hp mulcher arrives about 0830...

There are two more large downed trees I want for firewood he may get close to. I wonder if I can skid them out... Depends on how fast it goes and how much he gets done in my 8 hours of mahine time today. I will start a seperate thread for that...

Be well,
    David
    Last edited by MossflowerWoods; 10-24-2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: re-arraged multi-quotes

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

TripleR, was this a beautiful day in Missouri or what!. wow, just excellent weather..

James K0UA
    It sure was a nice day to be out, fall is my favorite time of year. We will be back out again today as it is supposed to rain in a day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gould View Post
    Great pictures

Bush hogged ski trails all morning. Did roadside trimming and chipping all afternoon. One more day on the chipper and will be done for this year.
    Thanks, she usually doesn't allow pictures, but I kind of caught her off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by MossflowerWoods View Post
    RRR,

Gotta LOVE a lady with a big ole chainsaw!

That is AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing!
    David
    Sure do, that was her trimming saw, a Stihl 180, she had already sectioned a big Oak up with her Stihl 250 so I could push it out of the way; can't give firewood away around here for some reason. I use to cut trees up for the firewood. We have several big Oaks down and no one wants them.

I hope your idea of following Dr orders is not like my father in law's. If no one saw him doing it, it didn't count.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

RE:MossflowerWoods Please let us know how that Mulcher work is coming along. I almost have my burn pile ready, just waiting for a downpour to wet the surrounding area. I have a 20x40 tarp over the burn pile to keep it dry. Have a good day.

Page 130 of 360 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133140180230 ... LastLast