TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,291  
Jim even that little BX probably needed 400 to 450 lbs on the 3pt to be safe. What did you have on it? Proper ballasting means everything for safe and efficient operation. Probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but it could really save on your underwear cleaning bill:D

James K0UA

Yeah, all the tyres were loaded and I usually have a Sicma 5' mower on the back but had taken that off as I was running a logging chain from the back to drag stuff out and the mower was getting in the way. The other scary part was if it had all gone ****-up no-one would know until I didn't turn up for work in two days time. :eek:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,292  
Worked in the woods with my wife.

RRR,

Gotta LOVE a lady with a big ole chainsaw! :thumbsup:

That is AWESOME!:D

Thanks for sharing!
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,293  
Would you look at that cute little York rake!..
James K0UA

James,
YES IT IS! Come on over, you can borrow it any time! :D

I'm planning to try it on SOMETHING (Anything!) other than gravel soon...
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,297  
Would you look at that cute little York rake!.. I could have used that thing today, the wife and I picked up rocks and roots again today in our clearing project. By hand of course.! Would be nice to rake them into a pile or row and scoop them up with the bucket. Oh well, we will get it done the hard way..

James K0UA

I have the remains of a much older version of just that device. Sadly, a piece of heavy equipment nailed it years ago and mangled the frame beyond repair. The rake itself however was salvagable. Today, it's a 4ft 3pt hitch mounted rake. Too bad it won't work on my current tractor without reconfiguring the 3pt (rake is setup for Cat0.). Should paint and sell it.

Today, I pushed leaves. Pile was far too large to effectively rake by hand (put it there with a blower) and couldn't really move it with the blower. So I pushed it into the woods with the loader like I was plowing snow. :D Should have taken pictures of the huge pile in front of my bucket.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,298  
How are you doing after your surgery? Hope that all is well.

Can't you see he's taking it easy, just like the doc said?:laughing:

You hit the nail on the head.

HEY NOW! You Two Cut it OUT!:)

Driving the mower & tractor is NOT violating DR orders. I did not lift more than 5 lbs with my right hand (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it). In fact the FEL joystick weighs nothing!

I told the wife I can't lift 5 lbs, but the tractor FEL can lift 2700, therefore I can ONLY do tractor related honey-do's for 6 weeks!

I moved a big tree, but I did not fire up the chainsaw.

I am TRYING to ollow DR's orders...

My hand/wrist seems to be doing well. I am wearing the splint all the time. I try to pick up the baby using my arm and not my hand, she will not allow me to not pick her up though (I could not do that regardless).

I will say the constant leaning back and using that lever on the York rake to control depth of rake absolutely beat my left hand to death...

I do not know if I will get any seat time today, but I hope I will. The big Franklin 300 hp mulcher arrives about 0830...

There are two more large downed trees I want for firewood he may get close to. I wonder if I can skid them out... Depends on how fast it goes and how much he gets done in my 8 hours of mahine time today. I will start a seperate thread for that...

Be well,
David

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,299  
TripleR, was this a beautiful day in Missouri or what!. wow, just excellent weather..

James K0UA

It sure was a nice day to be out, fall is my favorite time of year. We will be back out again today as it is supposed to rain in a day or so.

Great pictures :thumbsup:

Bush hogged ski trails all morning. Did roadside trimming and chipping all afternoon. One more day on the chipper and will be done for this year.

Thanks, she usually doesn't allow pictures, but I kind of caught her off guard.

RRR,

Gotta LOVE a lady with a big ole chainsaw! :thumbsup:

That is AWESOME!:D

Thanks for sharing!
David

Sure do, that was her trimming saw, a Stihl 180, she had already sectioned a big Oak up with her Stihl 250 so I could push it out of the way; can't give firewood away around here for some reason. I use to cut trees up for the firewood. We have several big Oaks down and no one wants them.

I hope your idea of following Dr orders is not like my father in law's. If no one saw him doing it, it didn't count.:laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,300  
RE:MossflowerWoods Please let us know how that Mulcher work is coming along. I almost have my burn pile ready, just waiting for a downpour to wet the surrounding area. I have a 20x40 tarp over the burn pile to keep it dry. Have a good day.:):tractor::welcome: