TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,311  
Bushhogged for 5 hrs with breaks in between for hotdog,applesauce,hawian punch,glass a milk and cookies ! L3400 DT W/SQ 172.
I cleaned the rad screen cover before starting tractor ran so cool at one point I thought my temp gauage has a problem.
If I ever haul my L3400 up north I might have too block f/e w/cardboard just to get temp up. :D

Boone

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,312  
I got about 2 hours of clearing slash (mostly large rotting pines).

I also spent someof that time back dragging looking for the broken tooth holder (please see my "Monster Mulcher Visit" thread as soon as I get all the pics downloaded and maybe a video).

Suffice it to say all did not go well today and we ended up only getting in 2 of the schedueld 8 hours of machine time...

I also wandered around with SLHawkins for a couple hours and met his Dad, and saw Hawk's awesome spread he is planning to raise cows and hay on. I can say he is a totally outstanding guy, and I hope to be friends with him for the rest of my life. Class act 100%. He had so much advice for me, and shared so openly about his machines and methods.

When he get back from the sandbox, I look forward to working shoulder to shoulder with him on many of his projects and mine! He has a SWEET 75hp JD too!

:thumbsup: Good day!

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,313  
Yesterday I spent 3 hours or so working alongside of the Franklin 300 HP mulcher. I was removing piles of larger debris, and moving large downed trees I wanted for firewood. I moved the largest thing yet, some kind of hardwood, 40 feet to the first fork and at least 2 feet thick at the base. I could actually see the forks twisting a little bit as I traversed rough ground. My grapple fell off (there is a thread on that) as I was lifting another log. It was pretty cool to share the field with one of the BIG BOYS.

Today I got in a bit over 2 hours (maybe 3) plus I hauled my first load of Hay.

I met up with SL:Hawkins at his uncle's place near me. He had some small round bales from last year, I wanted them to cover the grass seed I will put down in a couple weeks, he said SURE! He drove his sweet JD there and loaded the six of the bales on my 5x12 single axel flat bed and one in the bed of my F-150. I drove to my place and unloaded them with my Kioti. After placing them in the field, I did some more clearing. Back-draggin with the grapple to create a pile of debris, then grapple it and haul it to the woods was WORKING WELL!

First pic is Hawk (One heck of a good guy) and the load of Hay he loaded, the 2nd is the load of hay after I got it home and ready to unload it.

Be well all TBNers!
David

Attachments

• IMG-20111028-00137.jpg
    IMG-20111028-00137.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG-20111028-00138.jpg
    IMG-20111028-00138.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 247
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,314  
I hooked up my Kubota to my trailer made from a Dodge Ram pickup and emptied the scraps that were left from building my Wife's new handicap ramp. After throwing everything in my burn pile, it starting raining and turning colder, so I went inside and enjoyed being with one of my grandson's that had spent the night.:)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,316  
She looks great! And the woman holding her too. :)

My wife and I have been together since we were fifteen and married for 43 years.

She likes guns, hunting, tractors, working in the woods, cooking, kids and grand kids; wonder how in the heck I managed to be that lucky.:)

When I married her all I knew was that she was pretty and had good taste in men.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,317  

My wife and I have been together since we were fifteen and married for 43 years.

She likes guns, hunting, tractors, working in the woods, cooking, kids and grand kids; wonder how in the heck I managed to be that lucky.:)

When I married her all I knew was that she was pretty and had good taste in men.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

How about that Triple R ...my wife and I have been together since we were 14 , freshmen in high school and just celebrated our 47 th anniversary...she likes the country life as well...all of what you mentioned..how could I be so lucky to marry so well...:)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,318  
How about that Triple R ...my wife and I have been together since we were 14 , freshmen in high school and just celebrated our 47 th anniversary...she likes the country life as well...all of what you mentioned..how could I be so lucky to marry so well...:)

We sure are two lucky guys. People laugh when I tell them that I advised my wife against marring me as I was pretty wild in my younger days and had no real intention of changing. Of course I did, but it sure surprised me.:laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,319  
We sure are two lucky guys. People laugh when I tell them that I advised my wife against marring me as I was pretty wild in my younger days and had no real intention of changing. Of course I did, but it sure surprised me.:laughing:

Same here...I am surprised she put up with me....but I changed too or should I say ...she probably changed me and I did not even realize it...I became domesticated...LOL:thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,320  
Same here...I am surprised she put up with me....but I changed too or should I say ...she probably changed me and I did not even realize it...I became domesticated...LOL:thumbsup:

Ain't it the truth though and we probably thought for at least a little while that it was our idea.:laughing: