TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,321  
Well it wasn't my BX, but I spent about 2 hours Thursday evening, 1 1/2 hours Friday evening, and 5 hours today disking corn stalks using an 1155 Massey. Nothing like horsepower to get the blood pumping. :) :thumbsup: :cloud9:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,322  
Spent the morning jockying impliments, snowplows and vehicles around. I have a good summer storage system, can get at everything easily. In the winter I don't need much and a lot goes in the shed but first I have to move out the summer accumulation :laughing: It is kind of a chore but we got early snow coming so I did it today.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,323  

My wife and I have been together since we were fifteen and married for 43 years.

She likes guns, hunting, tractors, working in the woods, cooking, kids and grand kids; wonder how in the heck I managed to be that lucky.:)

When I married her all I knew was that she was pretty and had good taste in men.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I hate to be another me too but I am amazed. Until just now I don't think I know anybody else with that story except my wife and I. Started going out at 15 as sophmores in 61. Married in 68 the saturday after she graduated from teacher college. Still very married after 43 years.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,325  
1 hr moving snow In October no less. Not sure what to make of this

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,326  
Today, I finished placing the 6 precast concrete piers that will support my 16' x 8' shed. In the first photo, you see part of the shed and where it will be moving to. I'm turning it about 90 degrees and getting it off the edge of my driveway/parking area. That will make snow removal easier. I plan to put in a small culvert and ramp up toward the shed with gravel. I'll build a wooden ramp to the shed door.

I carried the piers over to the area with the bucket, then set them in place with the hoe. I did a lot of measuring and checking to get them placed horizontally. The laser level was a big help in setting them vertically. I overexcavated by at least 3 inches, then placed a bed of gravel. I had a lot of water coming into the holes, so things get souped up in a hurry. I would start with the gravel about 5 inches high, then work the pier down into it, adding gravel and tamping around the outside. The taper of the piers was such that I duct-taped a 3/4" wood scrap to my 2 ft level, to make a rig to plumb with.

When I got done, I rechecked all of the piers with the laser level. They're all within 1/8". That's far better than anything this shed has sat on before!:)

Before digging a hole, I would place a bucketload of gravel nearby. I used that gravel for bedding and plumbing, then hand shoveled and packed the rest of it around the pier before dumping the next bucket of gravel over the pier. I would rough-level that second bucket of gravel, then go get a third. Most of my holes took 3 6' bucketloads to fill.

I was pleased to get the job done before dark tonight, and before tonight's snow.:thumbsup: It wasn't really quite as dark when I finished as that last photo looks.

My tractor and I had an "anniversary" today. The clock went past 535 hours, which means that I have now put 100 hours on it since I got it home on August 2nd.:D

Attachments

• P1030923.JPG
    P1030923.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 213
  • P1030925.JPG
    P1030925.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 208
  • P1030927.JPG
    P1030927.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 198
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,327  
Used the FEL to clear the snow from the driveway today. Gotta get my chains on soon.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,328  
I cut down a small walnut tree bordering the creek. It was dead and I wanted to eliminate the possibility that winter weather would weaken it further and the tree falling into the creek.:tractor::)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,330  

My wife and I have been together since we were fifteen and married for 43 years.

She likes guns, hunting, tractors, working in the woods, cooking, kids and grand kids; wonder how in the heck I managed to be that lucky.:)

When I married her all I knew was that she was pretty and had good taste in men.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

How about that Triple R ...my wife and I have been together since we were 14 , freshmen in high school and just celebrated our 47 th anniversary...she likes the country life as well...all of what you mentioned..how could I be so lucky to marry so well...:)

I hate to be another me too but I am amazed. Until just now I don't think I know anybody else with that story except my wife and I. Started going out at 15 as sophmores in 61. Married in 68 the saturday after she graduated from teacher college. Still very married after 43 years.

TripleR, Brin, & Gordon,

Those are all WONDERFUL stories. I look forward to my wife an I's 40+ anniversary (only 22 more years!).

Bless your marriages and THANK YOU for sharing.

As for seat time, nada. Rain and cold all day. No snow. Picked out flooring at Home Depot, and bought a convection stove from Lowe's on clearance (got a killer deal on the last one:thumbsup:).

Life is good, will be better with seat time soon.
David