TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,331  
TripleR, Brin, & Gordon,

Those are all WONDERFUL stories. I look forward to my wife an I's 40+ anniversary (only 22 more years!).

Bless your marriages and THANK YOU for sharing.

As for seat time, nada. Rain and cold all day. No snow. Picked out flooring at Home Depot, and bought a convection stove from Lowe's on clearance (got a killer deal on the last one:thumbsup:).

Life is good, will be better with seat time soon.
David

It will happen before you know it; time really does fly.

My son's seat time was lifting his 6-point up to field dress it then transporting it in the bucket. It's archery season here and he got it in a clearing up behind our house.

Today, I will be hauling some dirt and rock with a bit of late season bush hogging.

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,333  
I got just over a foot of wet heavy snow. My daughter, who lives on the other side of the same town only got about 3 inches. Our place is at a higher elevation.

Today, I used the JD 4600 plowing snow for the first time. I used the JDQA adapted snow plow blade that I got with the tractor deal. It is set up square with no provision for angling. It is a small 6.5 ft Fisher with the trip edge.

My JD sure has more push than my old Cub Cadet garden tractor! Our 300 ft gravel driveway is a bit uneven and was not frozen. It was a challenge to avoid digging gravel. With the R4's on greasy snow, I did have to use the individual wheel brakes a few times to help the steering. Other than that, it went great. When I get frozen ground to work on, and can just drop the blade and go, I should be able to finish the job in about half the time it took today.

I may look into adding shoes to the blade. This model does not have the brackets for the standard round Fisher shoes, but has sort of a shoe built into the design. On pavement, it would probably be just right. In soft gravel, I need to keep the blade up a little more.

I plowed with the backhoe still on. I finished yesterday's project late, and didn't bother to change over to the counterweight. I have more work for the backhoe in the next few days. I didn't hit anything, but I was nervous that I might. Also, while working in the road (not far from a semi-blind corner), the hoe makes the rig so long that it would be harder for someone to get around me. I definitely will be doing most of my plowing with my counterweight on, not the backhoe!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,334  
Hauled an 8pt buck out of the woods recently on the 3 pt. carry-all. We are having travertine tile installed in the kitchen, dining and mud rooms. The installers saw the carry-all still attached to the tractor so they loaded the scrap pieces of tile and cement board onto it. Right before lunch today, I made the 1/4 mile trip to the shared family dumpster and chucked all that scrap in there.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,335  
Cleared plow berm from end of driveway, brought 2 sets of mounted snow tires from little shed to garage and transported plow for 4whlr into big shed.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,336  
Got some pretty good seat time, one with running skidloader all day for moving sand for an addition on a house then, my uncle got his 8320 stuck pretty bad and had to use the cat (cat 85c) to pull it out, but he got it stuck from pulling us threw a samp

Attachments

• image-2260823694.png
    image-2260823694.png
    634.1 KB · Views: 212
  • image-1703447367.png
    image-1703447367.png
    733.7 KB · Views: 214
  • image-3596505592.png
    image-3596505592.png
    695.5 KB · Views: 237
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,337  
Spent an hour hauling rabbit poop to the compost pile then filled some stump holes the. Put on the grapple to hold some logs to buck up

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,338  
Got to use the tractor for a hay ride at my church's Trunk 'r Treat this past Saturday. I estimate I carried over 200 people throughout the evening.

Attachments

• Hay Ride - Halloween 2011.jpg
    Hay Ride - Halloween 2011.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 217
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,339  
Sunday: finished clearing brush from the big tree, ran the brush hog over the area to chop up the remaining bits. Looked back to see brush hog heeled over about thirty degrees to port; further inspection reveals that the pin securing the left side link to the lower lift arm has gone walkabout. And the chain on the PTO guard is caught on the cotter pin for the same pin on the right side.

Oops.

Monday: seat time in the truck, on my way to the dealer.

Note to self: be sure to secure all guards and chains. Even if you don't get hurt, it can still be a right pain in the tail.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,340  
Unexpected seat time today. My water pressure has been down and I thought it was filters plugging up. Not it, they looked clean. I've noticed this little spring lately. I did kind of see that it was sort of in line with the pipe to the greenhouse. :mad: I know it's two feet down, so I get a shovel. :mad: I have no idea where it would have the leak, and after digging a bit and the hole filling with water, I think, "enough."

Got the tractor and got sidelong to the pipe run and started digging a tail race with the bucket to let the water run away downslope. I ended up with a 20 foot long trench with a geyser showing about where the leak was. When I was close to pipe depth, I walked up to the canyon where a shutoff valve is and came back to find the geyser gone. Hey, it wasn't a spring after all.

I have no idea why 1" pipe would split two feet underground. Anyway, I put in a splice and pushed the dirt back over the trench. Then I even had enough pressure to hose the mud and elk poop off the tractor.