TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,371  
Pretty much stuck with leaf cleanup around here every day. I did manage to get on the tractor and pop 3 big rocks out of the lawn on friday.Still one more out there but my Kioti wont even shake it. Think I'm going to need a bigger machine or have to build a planter on it.:D

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,372  
Trenched about 70' of water line and electrical conduit for the greenhouse install with the backhoe. Got the trench filled in and graded.
Planted some grass seed.
Don't know what I would do without my tractor.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,373  
Spent about 6 hours yesterday on the GT towing my leaf vacuum and got about 1 acre of leaves all mulched up. My property is covered with Oak trees, so that was about 20 loads of leaves in my Agri-Fab Leaf Vacuum. That equates to about 500 bushels. Half way done with the leaves now but just couldn't force myself to spend 2 days on just leaves.

Today on my BX25 I dug out 3 stumps ranging from 4" to 10" and then I decided I wanted a garden next year and since I don't have a single bottom plow for my BX yet, I used the backhoe to turn it over for the first time. There were so many roots I don't think I would have gotten through with the plow this first time anyway. That took about 7 hours total seat time. The garden is about 20' x 30'. I will definitely have a plow for next year though.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,374  

Attachments

• P1030944.JPG
    P1030944.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 202
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,375  
Today Fellow TBN'er Jonnyc1999 brought his brand new Stihl 391 20" bar chainsaw out to MossflowerWoods.

Since I cannot run a saw for a couple months he offered to come help me. I accepted (hey, I'm not a dummy!).

He bucked up into 6' to 10' length logs some decent hardwood I had saved. He also cut off root balls and tree tops for a pile of pines I lost in the last couple wind storms.

Me, I got some seat time skidding out the pine logs, and grappling the pine stumps, and also grappling in the hardwood and carrying it over to the firewood cutting spot.

Left handed operation of my right side FEL joystick is VERY TRICKY....

Jon is a totally awesome guy. He was great to hang out with and I hope he comes back over again. :thumbsup:

He took a couple pics...

I felt better today!

Be Well!
David

PS - Both of us managed to lift the rear slightly on one side grappling those pine logs and stumps so now we all know the TSG-50 stump ginder is NOT enough ballast!

Attachments

• Gimpy Tractoring 1.jpg
    Gimpy Tractoring 1.jpg
    646.2 KB · Views: 277
  • Gimpy Tractoring 2.jpg
    Gimpy Tractoring 2.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,376  
Today Fellow TBN'er Jonnyc1999 brought his brand new Stihl 391 20" bar chainsaw out to MossflowerWoods.

Since I cannot run a saw for a couple months he offered to come help me. I accepted (hey, I'm not a dummy!).

He bucked up into 6' to 10' length logs some decent hardwood I had saved. He also cut off root balls and tree tops for a pile of pines I lost in the last couple wind storms.

Me, I got some seat time skidding out the pine logs, and grappling the pine stumps, and also grappling in the hardwood and carrying it over to the firewood cutting spot.

Left handed operation of my right side FEL joystick is VERY TRICKY....

Jon is a totally awesome guy. He was great to hang out with and I hope he comes back over again. :thumbsup:

He took a couple pics...

I felt better today!

Be Well!
David

PS - Both of us managed to lift the rear slightly on one side grappling those pine logs and stumps so now we all know the TSG-50 stump ginder is NOT enough ballast!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Kudos to JonnyC for lending a hand! (sorry David) :laughing::laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,377  
Those piney woods remind me of back home in central Ga, except your ground doesn't have enough sandy orange clay.

Ian

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,378  
This afternoon I had my surgery for my right hand carpal tunnel release. I'm pretty sore, and laptop computers are not heavy equipment, so I'm operating it (with only two fingers :) ). I hope it starts to feel better soon or I will not sleep much tonight.

Be well all TBNer's!
David

Don't over do and try to do too much too soon and mess up your surgery. Sometimes you tough guys are too eager for their own good.

Best of luck to you in your post surgery situation.

Someday it would certainly be interesting to hear your story regarding Army AND submariner.

Pat

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,379  
We had fun, hopefully I didn't make you work too hard David :thumbsup: It was fun messing around with my new saw, and I really enjoyed test driving your Kioti! I drove some circles around my property on my CT122 afterwards, so the bobkitty doesn't get jealous!

David, I'll definitely be back to help any time; just shout out when you need it:cool:

Seat time today will be carrying the 20 pallets I scrounged for free across my property to act as firewood bases

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,380  
We had fun, hopefully I didn't make you work too hard David :thumbsup: It was fun messing around with my new saw, and I really enjoyed test driving your Kioti! I drove some circles around my property on my CT122 afterwards, so the bobkitty doesn't get jealous!

David, I'll definitely be back to help any time; just shout out when you need it:cool:

Seat time today will be carrying the 20 pallets I scrounged for free across my property to act as firewood bases

Jon,

No sir, I did not work too hard :thumbsup:

Be careful what you offer... I've got tons of work needing to be done... :D

Any time you have "spare" time, let me know. we'll cut down fruit & walnut trees, and get that temporary horse fence started. Bob-kitty can come too!

That saw, and your skill with it was awesome. perfectly straight cuts, like a hot knife thru butter.

20 Pallets, wow! that's a lotta firewood!

David