TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,381  
Finally got going on a little project I've been thinking about for a few months that would free up a little floor space during the winter months. Love it when anyone asks "Why did you have to get a bucket or forks?".:D

Now to clean up the rest of the pig sty.

Nice rack!! Where were you BEFORE I went out and bought my 13 x 20 shed! LOL

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,382  
Pretty much stuck with leaf cleanup around here every day. I did manage to get on the tractor and pop 3 big rocks out of the lawn on friday.Still one more out there but my Kioti wont even shake it. Think I'm going to need a bigger machine or have to build a planter on it.:D

Have you tried digging around and under it thus making a big hole that it will fall into?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,383  
Have you tried digging around and under it thus making a big hole that it will fall into?

I will probably do that in the spring. I have a chance to use a bigger backhoe though. It might work. If not I will try burying it deeper.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,384  
Used the FEL to haul two deer carcasses to the bone pit at the end of our property after we were done butchering. My wife asked if it wasn't just a little overkill to fire up the tractor for such a small job.
I asked, "Would you like to carry the carcasses out there yourself?"
"Never mind... Go have fun."

Joe

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,385  
We had a cat die some time ago and my son asked if we were going to use the backhoe to bury it, "of course we are!" No job is too small for the tractor. When the tractor fired up he let out a uncontrolled "Yes!!!"

Used the FEL to haul two deer carcasses to the bone pit at the end of our property after we were done butchering. My wife asked if it wasn't just a little overkill to fire up the tractor for such a small job.
I asked, "Would you like to carry the carcasses out there yourself?"
"Never mind... Go have fun."

Joe

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,386  
Got a extra truck load of rotomill tailings from a job I was doing at work and took it to my house, got off work and spread it on my drive with my trusty L35 last night in the dark. Got it done just in time, there was a 4" blanket of snow on it this morning. Wanted to take pics but was in to much of a hurry :(.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,387  
FEL recovery on a boar hog a buddy shot on our farm. Nasty critters! Glad to be rid of that one, but sure would like to invite his fat sister to the BBQ!

It would have been a grapple recovery but for having the bucket on to uncover the septic tank for a scheduled pumping.

The grapple goes back on for brush clearing soonest. Have been doing a bunch of that lately betweeen deer hunting and family stuff. Burn piles are getting big. Need to have a pyro event soon.....

Attachments

• hog_blur.jpg
    hog_blur.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 266
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,388  
Yard Clean up This afternoon

Attachments

• IMG_0473 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0473 (800x600).jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0474 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0474 (800x600).jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 187
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,389  
I spent the evening hour before dark, repairing the lower gravel drive. The wife had a guest over in a 2WD pickup and got stuck in the lower drive trying to go uphill to get back out. Happens all the time, no 2WD pickup has ever successfully made it that way, even ones with posi rear ends or lockers or whatever. Some front wheel drive cars can make it, but people being people, just stand on the accelerator when it won't go and spin to china, instead of backing up and getting a run at it, or going the other way downhill and turn around elsewhere. When I got that done, I moved the 21 tons of 0 to 6 inch rock the wife ordered a couple of days ago behind the barn to make some more "flatland".

James K0UA

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,390  
I put my back out yesterday felling and bucking a pretty big tree. I was doing it because it had the big limbs that I need for my next run of shiitake mushroom logs. My back was so bad that I was sure I would not be able to do anything today, but I was much better after only one night of rest.

I started moving the trunk logs today with my log forks. I took some pics to show my undersized saw. The felled tree ended up hanging off the ground for most of its length so to buck it, I had to do over and under cuts to keep from pinching the saw. It was also on a sidehill, so doing the 'under' buck cuts from the down-slope position would have been a fool's mission. I tweaked my back by trying to reach the too short saw far enough under the log to get the bucks completed from the up-slope side.

I feel good to be back in action and the logs decked up.

The mean diameter of the butt cut was 29 inches. The saw bar is 18.

mushroom_logs_001.jpg

mushroom_logs_002.jpg