TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,461  
Hard to beat a nice big bonfire with kids running around playing and then a combination of Smores and just good old marshmallows.

My sons and I were working on one several years ago with our old backhoe when a hydraulic line popped, now that got pretty exciting and quick.:eek:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,462  
Used the FEL on the BX to get a pickup load of cow manure for a buddy's garden. The BX has just enough reach height wise to load an F150.

Ian

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,463  
Got a couple of hours in today. Moved some gravel screenings into the calf shed. Moved some drain rock into the chicken run. Moved some gravel screenings behind the chicken palace for the truck delivering 40 yards of shavings, had lots of rain a while ago so needed a bit of fill so he doesn't get stuck. Few days ago graded the road, was getting some good sized pot holes due to the rain we had. All in all a good few days, mostly sunny/cloud but no rain. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• KilnStudsGradingRock 006.jpg
    KilnStudsGradingRock 006.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 192
  • KilnStudsGradingRock 010.jpg
    KilnStudsGradingRock 010.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 216
  • KilnStudsGradingRock 015.jpg
    KilnStudsGradingRock 015.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 219
  • KilnStudsGradingRock 016.jpg
    KilnStudsGradingRock 016.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 196
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,464  
Our church has a group of men that are pretty active in disaster relief and have been extremely busy in Bastrop, TX from the wildfires. They have been cutting down dead trees and moving them to the street for the county to pick up either by hand or with the help of a boxer mini skid steer with forks. I hads ome time this afternoon and took the Deere with grapple to help. It was a little hairy working on steep slopes with wet muddy ground, but we got a lot done and the owners were very appreciative.

Attachments

• GRAPPLE.jpg
    GRAPPLE.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 255
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,465  
Hard to beat a nice big bonfire with kids running around playing and then a combination of Smores and just good old marshmallows.

My sons and I were working on one several years ago with our old backhoe when a hydraulic line popped, now that got pretty exciting and quick.:eek:

RRR,

Every time I pushed into the fire, I was scared of melting a hyd line or something.

Yesterday after church by hand I picked up the stuff off the edges and put it onto the coals and it burned.

My middle daughter had Christmas play practice (she's Mary and singing a solo) and i had a budget meeting. After that, I fired up the tractor and using the bucket I just hit the coals and turned them from 3 sides and it erupted in flames.

I switched to the Grapple and my oldest daughter tossed some wood on by hand, and I dropped a couple small loads of slash onto it and it was roaring again.

A couple hours later we all went back up and I roasted some sausages on the coals (need to get some LONGER roasting forks, it was VERY HOT!) and we cooked our dinner on the fire.

It was very nice and I got maybe 30-45 min on the tractor.

Be Well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,466  
RRR,

Every time I pushed into the fire, I was scared of melting a hyd line or something.

Yesterday after church by hand I picked up the stuff off the edges and put it onto the coals and it burned.

My middle daughter had Christmas play practice (she's Mary and singing a solo) and i had a budget meeting. After that, I fired up the tractor and using the bucket I just hit the coals and turned them from 3 sides and it erupted in flames.

I switched to the Grapple and my oldest daughter tossed some wood on by hand, and I dropped a couple small loads of slash onto it and it was roaring again.

A couple hours later we all went back up and I roasted some sausages on the coals (need to get some LONGER roasting forks, it was VERY HOT!) and we cooked our dinner on the fire.

It was very nice and I got maybe 30-45 min on the tractor.

Be Well,
David

I'm 64 now and began the bonfire thing when my brothers and I helped mom and dad clear land with cross cut saws and axes. We have kept it alive over the years with kids then grand kids and hopefully my new great grandson. You just can't beat time spent with family.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,467  
Last night LstInThot and his 2 sons + a nephew showed up to teach me the finer points of burn pile management.

David

Lucky for you I didn't have my cruise fixed yet. I'd have hated to make it to Chicago only to log in and see that you didn't wait for me... :laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,468  
Lucky for you I didn't have my cruise fixed yet. I'd have hated to make it to Chicago only to log in and see that you didn't wait for me... :laughing:

NEVER FEAR!!!!

I've got TONS more still needed to be burned...

Does this mean you have not left yet???

Coffee is waiting for you :D

:laughing:

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,469  
I got some unexpected seat time. Just to find out I did not buy a big enough tractor to meet the need. Brother and wife had both of thier cars and a friends car stuck in some mud. Road/grassy walk path was very soggy. They went back to find a good place to take pictures and sunk up to frame. I get a call after they have been stuck for some time and rocked the cars back and forth and have them good and stuck and dark out. I load up the tractor and go see what they are into.

When I get there I unload the tractor and drive over to see what is going on and sink. I am stuck. I had to use the backhoe to get unstuck. Moved to the side of the grass walk way and try to hook up and just spin and start to sink again. Try to lift front of brothers truck to get a board under his wheels and loader or backhoe curl is not strong enough. Stretch out all cables and tow staps, about 80 to 100 feet worth and get tractor on hard pack ground and tried to pull. Tractor just bogged down. Hooked up truck, and spin wheels on hard surface.

I left them stuck in the mud, as I am leaving he tells me he has a tow truck on the way. I asked if he has enough money, this will not be cheap. He says its "free". Puzzled I asked "why am I here?" I was watching Packers go 12 - 0. Of course I missed the end of the game, which I heard was the best part.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,470  
This morning I fired up my tractor in reality just to show it to a good friend.

He had come out to pick up his FIL's Craftsman 18hp garden tractor/mower thing that started my tractor journey. It was actually my very first thread subject I believe. I got my little JD STX 133 back, and he took that thing, with blades, discs, plow etc back.

He wanted to see my grapple in action so I grabbed a couple piles of debris and dropped them on the fire. He thought the grapple rocked.

So I really only got 15 min.

But LstInThot sent me a pic he took saturday night. I wanted to share it.

This was my second or third push on the back side which was not burning, trying to roll it into the fire, I had the bucket on, with toothbar.

Eventually it worked. :D

But it is a cool picture nonetheless!

Be well,
David

Attachments

• fire tractor.jpg
    fire tractor.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 248