Page 148 of 324 FirstFirst ... 4898138145146147148149150151158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 3233
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520

Default Re: TODAYS SEAT TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    You did not let on that it was fun for you, did ya? Either way you're a good neighbor.
    Of course I enjoyed it, anytime you can help someone its pleasurable!

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gould View Post
    You are a good neighbor. The kind to have. You may have done him a bigger favor than you think.
    Yes, he later realized that he was tackling an impossible job to do by hand and was very appreciative.

I'll tell you, I tried to help another neighbor a few years ago and his wife refused to accept any help, thought I was going to take advantage of them and to this day they ignore me. Go figure...they have no idea what they are missing in their own misery.
    Gary

JD 4520, 400X FEL, Frontier Front Blade, Box Blade, Rotary Cutter, Landscape Rake, 48" Wildkat Grapple and PHD

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX 23

I'll tell you, I tried to help another neighbor a few years ago and his wife refused to accept any help, thought I was going to take advantage of them and to this day they ignore me. Go figure...they have no idea what they are missing in their own misery.[/QUOTE]

They must very sad and lonely people.

Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT, Dresser TD7G Dozer

A big wind storm left me with a whole bunch of maples with one or two leaders broke off and hung up. Some big and some small. This is the third morning I spent pulling widow makers down with my winch. Here is a picture of the last one I had to do. It's not to big. I end up with some firewood for me and a brush pile for the little critters from each one. Pretty easy and enjoyable working in the 50* December weather we have been getting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TODAYS SEAT TIME-p1040483.jpg   TODAYS SEAT TIME-p1040498.jpg  
    "If you're not making any mistakes then you're not doing anything"

L3010DT, Farmi JL290 Winch, ATI Grapple, BearCat 5" Chipper, 6' Rear Blade,
    7' Sickle Bar, 5' Land Plane Grading Scraper, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Tractor
    2010 Kioti DK40SE w/ KL401 Loader

This was my seat time for today. First time tilling a baseball diamond, but it was fun and turned out great. Took about an hour. Was in crawl speed so as to leave minimal chunks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TODAYS SEAT TIME-ballfield1.jpg   TODAYS SEAT TIME-ballfield2.jpg   TODAYS SEAT TIME-ballfield3.jpg  
    For a complete soul cleansing, spend the day on a tractor.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

When I bought my BX25, I never thought I'd get seat time in like I did today.

My step-daughter traded her Jeep with someone for a Cavalier. I know, that doesn't make sense, but that's what she did. So just hours after making the trade she got in a accident with it. She pulled out in front of someone and got broadsided behind the rear wheel.

A friend of mine that used to be a body man came over with his trailer and we picked it up from the towing yard and took it to where he used to work to see what it would cost to pull out the fender somewhat so we could mount some lights on it so she can get back and forth to college. The body shop wanted $1300. That's not happening....so we took it home and I got my backhoe and started curling the bucket in the trunk and pushed much of it out, shoved the rear bumper close to where it's suppose to be and now I need to get some trailer lights and mount them to the car.

So far for what they said they wanted to charge $1300 for, I've done with about $5 worth of diesel fuel.

So I got about 3 hours of seat time in doing body work on the car.

Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
    Tractor
    2008 CK35 HST

Quote Originally Posted by Smithrr View Post
    When I bought my BX25, I never thought I'd get seat time in like I did today.

My step-daughter traded her Jeep with someone for a Cavalier. I know, that doesn't make sense, but that's what she did. So just hours after making the trade she got in a accident with it. She pulled out in front of someone and got broadsided behind the rear wheel.

A friend of mine that used to be a body man came over with his trailer and we picked it up from the towing yard and took it to where he used to work to see what it would cost to pull out the fender somewhat so we could mount some lights on it so she can get back and forth to college. The body shop wanted $1300. That's not happening....so we took it home and I got my backhoe and started curling the bucket in the trunk and pushed much of it out, shoved the rear bumper close to where it's suppose to be and now I need to get some trailer lights and mount them to the car.

So far for what they said they wanted to charge $1300 for, I've done with about $5 worth of diesel fuel.

So I got about 3 hours of seat time in doing body work on the car.
    Where are the PICTURES?, sounds like an interesting project to see.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gould View Post
    A big wind storm left me with a whole bunch of maples with one or two leaders broke off and hung up. Some big and some small. This is the third morning I spent pulling widow makers down with my winch. Here is a picture of the last one I had to do. It's not to big. I end up with some firewood for me and a brush pile for the little critters from each one. Pretty easy and enjoyable working in the 50* December weather we have been getting.
    Is that the logging winch on the 3pt in the 2nd pic?

Nice looking woods sir!

I need to learn more about these logging winches...

Thanks,
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefield

Where are the PICTURES?, sounds like an interesting project to see.
    Sorry, I didn't take pictures of it before, and after it's still a crinkled up fender. But at least the fender isn't in the trunk anymore.

I pulled the fender out at least a foot from where it was from the accident. I had to chain it to a tree because I was pulling the car sideways with the BX. I have a little more respect for that little tractor now.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Nope, didn't happen. No fender bender, no backhoeBodyShop. Nope. Nothing. No proof.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by RaydaKub
    Nope, didn't happen. No fender bender, no backhoeBodyShop. Nope. Nothing. No proof.
    Ha, that's funny. I just didn't even think of taking a photo. I could take a picture of my before and after insurance bills when I get the after bill.

My son called me a redneck doing redneck bodywork, but I like the "Backhoe Body Shop". Heck, around here I could possibly make some money with that.

Page 148 of 324 FirstFirst ... 4898138145146147148149150151158198248 ... LastLast