TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,481  
Is that the logging winch on the 3pt in the 2nd pic?

Thanks,
David

Yes it is. A very useful piece of equipment if you enjoy working in the woods. My operation is pretty small but it keeps me busy and happy.

Attachments

• SawShelf_1.JPG
    SawShelf_1.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 294
  • Landing2.JPG
    Landing2.JPG
    711.4 KB · Views: 270
  • Nice 36Footer.JPG
    Nice 36Footer.JPG
    565.9 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,482  
Ha, that's funny. I just didn't even think of taking a photo. I could take a picture of my before and after insurance bills when I get the after bill. :)

My son called me a redneck doing redneck bodywork, but I like the "Backhoe Body Shop". Heck, around here I could possibly make some money with that. :)

Yep, my old Neon is sporting some sledge hammer body work on the rear quarter panel too... The main goal was to get the fender back out over the tire. Although I think if I had a backhoe anywhere near it I'd be tempted just to maul the car and put it out of its misery!:laughing: I know I was tempted with the sledge hammer!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,483  
Yes it is. A very useful piece of equipment if you enjoy working in the woods. My operation is pretty small but it keeps me busy and happy.

Gordon,

Those are AWESOME pictures. Can I come help?

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,484  
So I got a couple hours in today. I dropped the TSG-50 fo the first time, and the Grapple. Picked up the bucket, and a borrowed PHD.

I put in 2 posts for a 12' gate, and a corner post and 3 more posts plus the top rail to start my first temporary pasture. Both my older daughters helped (although mostly they bulilt a fire) and 2 different buddies from Church showed up to help.

Pics and more will be on my Temp Horse pasture thread.

I got a slow start for a wide variety of reasons, and It took far too long to find and load all the tools, and I'd never run a PHD, and this is my first horse fence so I was nervous about every decision.

But we got started, and my wife thought it looked great and like we got a nice start.

More tomorrow...

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,485  
We have snow now and the weather is nice. I finished pulling all the hung up blow downs last week and today started pulling the ones on the ground.

Attachments

• BlowDwn1.JPG
    BlowDwn1.JPG
    737 KB · Views: 217
  • BlowDwn2.JPG
    BlowDwn2.JPG
    695.7 KB · Views: 232
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,486  
While I was in the area I cut this gnarlly old maple that has seen better days to let more light into a little opening that has a nice wild apple tree in it. I cabled up three big branches on the tractor side and winched them in together for the first hitch and then took the butt log.

Attachments

• OldMaple3.JPG
    OldMaple3.JPG
    661.1 KB · Views: 215
  • OldMaple2.JPG
    OldMaple2.JPG
    645.7 KB · Views: 210
  • OldMaple1.JPG
    OldMaple1.JPG
    767.7 KB · Views: 210
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,487  
While I was in the area I cut this gnarlly old maple that has seen better days...

Gordon,

I LOVE these pictures of your tractor, logging in the snow.

AWESOME.

If I lived closer, I'd come help (and hang out and learn).

Thanks for sharing.
Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,488  
Jonnyc1999 came over today. He took out his big bad Stihl and dropped a widow-maker pine on the far edge of the pasture. He dropped the cherry tree that was going to be inside the pasture, and he cut the last 9" on the massive 4 trunk black walnut stump that LstInThot had tried to cut in the dark. (My bucket snapped the last little 3-4" chunk).

Then we got to work on the temporary Horse pasture fence. He helped me get the generator running better, and he helped me load everything into my truck, and we hauled it up the hill and go to work. He had great advice on both the fence line, the string lines, how many holes to auger at one shot, etc.

Neither one of us could get the borrowed Bostich framing nailer to shoot nails.

But together we set the new corner for an 88' stretch from the gate North, and we set posts & nailed boards for 48 feet.

It was good seat time and great company. I had a great time and my wife and daughter's said the fence we put in was "Beautiful".

He even took pics...:thumbsup: (only way I typically make it into the photos!)

Before he left we even fixed the short run my daughters and I had tried to do on Sunday but had been forced to stop because the generator would not keep running.

Then I headed to Home Depot for a 5000w Husky generator and a Porter Cable 6gal pancake compressor with finish nailer, brad and staple gun...

What a great afternoon! Tractor buddies are good buddies to have...

Thanks for the awesome day working shoulder to shoulder today Jon.

Be well,
David

Attachments

• Temp pasture day 3-1.jpg
    Temp pasture day 3-1.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 285
  • Temp pasture day 3-2.jpg
    Temp pasture day 3-2.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 238
  • Temp pasture day 3-3.jpg
    Temp pasture day 3-3.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 239
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,489  
Today I got about 4 hours in putting the finishing touches on the parking lot for the primary boat ramp in the subdivision. I now have 14 hours on the new B3200. Used about 80 tons of crushed limestone in all.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,490  
Jonnyc1999 came over today. He took out his big bad Stihl and dropped a widow-maker pine on the far edge of the pasture. He dropped the cherry tree that was going to be inside the pasture, and he cut the last 9" on the massive 4 trunk black walnut stump that LstInThot had tried to cut in the dark. (My bucket snapped the last little 3-4" chunk).

Then we got to work on the temporary Horse pasture fence. He helped me get the generator running better, and he helped me load everything into my truck, and we hauled it up the hill and go to work. He had great advice on both the fence line, the string lines, how many holes to auger at one shot, etc.

Neither one of us could get the borrowed Bostich framing nailer to shoot nails.

But together we set the new corner for an 88' stretch from the gate North, and we set posts & nailed boards for 48 feet.

It was good seat time and great company. I had a great time and my wife and daughter's said the fence we put in was "Beautiful".

He even took pics...:thumbsup: (only way I typically make it into the photos!)

Before he left we even fixed the short run my daughters and I had tried to do on Sunday but had been forced to stop because the generator would not keep running.

Then I headed to Home Depot for a 5000w Husky generator and a Porter Cable 6gal pancake compressor with finish nailer, brad and staple gun...

What a great afternoon! Tractor buddies are good buddies to have...

Thanks for the awesome day working shoulder to shoulder today Jon.

Be well,
David

Very pastoral, not enough scratches on your bucket yet, but they will come with additional use. What type of wood are you using for your planking? I have found that white oak seems to last the best, but be ready for some thumb damage, driving a nail into it is akin to driving a nail into a rock! But, it lasts a long time with minimal care. I have torn out all of my plank fence except for the crowding area and the loading chutes. I had some solo seat time today, but not on my tractor, rather windrowing leaves on the zero turn and then raking them up and loading them into the gator for dumping on the compost heap. A good day here too! According the weather forecasters, aka, lying scum, it's supposed to be windy and relatively warm here tomorrow, but alas very little seat time for me tomorrow. It's a honeydo day.