TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,501  
It is a Rubbermaid kit I bought at Lowes $650 here (7'x7' +/-). I would have liked to stick build one but I did not have the time right now.
Thanks, IMO I think you did the right thing. Up in one day, light and can be moved easily, won't rot, does not need painting................and looks good, Life is good.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,502  
Not that it was all that exciting but did get in a couple hours :thumbsup: of seat time today. As we have more animals this year I am thinking of calling our place "poop r us" :confused: :licking: as we seem to have a good abundance of it. So dug out a few stumps with the backhoe today and started leveling another spot for a manure pile.

Attachments

• StumpsDEC2011 001.jpg
    StumpsDEC2011 001.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 195
  • StumpsDEC2011 004.jpg
    StumpsDEC2011 004.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 183
  • StumpsDEC2011 003.jpg
    StumpsDEC2011 003.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,503  
got a few hours of seat time yesterday. started working on a retaining wall project to eventually expand my shed. I let the girlfriend do some digging with the loader while I used a shovel. Talk about hard work! Wish I had a backhoe during jobs like this:D

Attachments

• ALEXISTRACTORING.jpg
    ALEXISTRACTORING.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 273
  • ALEXISTRACTORING1.jpg
    ALEXISTRACTORING1.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 249
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,504  
got a few hours of seat time yesterday. started working on a retaining wall project to eventually expand my shed. I let the girlfriend do some digging with the loader while I used a shovel. Talk about hard work! Wish I had a backhoe during jobs like this:D

Jon,

I wish you had a backhoe too! Just in case I needed to borrow it !:D

Those pictures remind me of Brad Paisley's "Get a little MUD on the tires"!

That looks like it was fun!

Be well,

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,505  

If you have much digging left, I could load up the back hoe and come play. I'm in Spotsylvania and been over David's place , are you too far from there?

Mike

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,506  

It seems to me that the issue is that she got the tractor and you had the shovel. Give *HER* the shovel next time. :laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,507  
If you have much digging left, I could load up the back hoe and come play. I'm in Spotsylvania and been over David's place , are you too far from there?

Mike

Mike,

Jon is south of me towards Doswell I think. Jon is a great guy.

Jon,

Mike is awsome too.

I completely vouch for both of you guys. You have both been a Blessing in my life helping me out when I was gimpy. I look forward to returning the favors!

Thus far, of the 3 TBN'ers I've met face to face, they are all of a much higher caliber than the general population of good guys.

TBN Rocks.
Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,508  
:laughing:Another day working on corduroy road. Unfortunitely rain last few days had softened ground so got stuck twice.:eek: Thankful for outriggers and FEL! Was able lift tractor wheels clear of mud, get logs under and drive out.:dance1: Think next time I'll take a cohort that can take pictures.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,509  
Yesterday, after I learned about the 3pt speed adjustment :eek: I did some post hole digging & earth moving.

We had VERY heavy rain, and my property is not dry to start with.

I hit a couple spots with more clay, and they were very wet and gooey, and the PHD felt a little like it was going to lift the front tires (definately was bouncy) and also the holes were NOT going in straight.

Can anyone give me instruction on the finer points of PHD operations? How do I make straight holes?

The other thinng I got to do was use the diff lock. I was trying to knock down a bit of a ridge formed by the loggers and the mulcher right along the line of the fence. I did manage to plane off a few bucketfulls of grass, mud, etc, but holy cow the tires were spinning in low 4x4 & diff lock. FIRST TIME I ever thought I wonder how R1's would have done. But I suspect they would have just dug DEEPER wheel ruts.

In the end I knocked the ridge down enough, buyt I also made wheel ruts on each side that I will need to remedy when things dry out.

Harumpf! That is not the end result I was desiring.

More seat time is planned for today running the PHD...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Blessings upon all TBN'ers!
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,510  
It seems to me that the issue is that she got the tractor and you had the shovel. Give *HER* the shovel next time. :laughing:
Yeah. A whole lot like, DUH!:D