Page 153 of 324 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 3235
    Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Default Re: TODAYS SEAT TIME

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc1999 View Post
    Hey Mike, I could definitely use a backhoe sometime if you were up for playing! My property is all hills, which equals lots of retaining walls and terracing! Right now I'm building a timber retaining wall around my shed, which I should have done before I built it!

I'm also 3/4 of the way through a stone retaining wall along my driveway, including relocating the ill-placed gate leading into my yard. You can see a bit of the stone wall to the right of the second picture. To give you an idea of what I'm working with:
    David, Where are the pics!?!?!?!?!
    Jon,

I keep working right up to dusk and then after picking up my tools I've got no light for pics!!!

I made amazing progress today though!!! WOO HOO!!! (More later).

PS - I want to come help with those retaining walls too! I so WISH I has a F350 and a trailer to haul my tractor over!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    Blessings upon all TBN'ers!
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by lstinthot View Post
    Got some family time out gathering wood. We are getting back into burning wood inside, due to the fact I probably have 4 years of wood laying on the ground. We just need to split and carry it. Kids got their turn at swinging the ax, we sold the log splitter a few years ago when we moved to a neighborhood. I may be in the market to make one or buy one now that we have land again.
    I've seen that handsome young man before! But not with a splitting maul in his hands!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    Blessings upon all TBN'ers!
    David
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX 23

4rs today. Worked another section of the snowmobile trail today. Put in a bridge, widen the opening in a stone wall. Finished up by installing a culvert which involved a lot of earth and rock moving to cover and anchor it.

Tractor
    Kubota 7510 and B3200

got a few hours of seat time yesterday. started working on a retaining wall project to eventually expand my shed. I let the girlfriend do some digging with the loader while I used a shovel. Talk about hard work! Wish I had a backhoe during jobs like this
    Nice looking tractor! The girlfriend is ok too.
    Caution: Some of my posts may be politically incorrect.
    Kubota B7510 & B3200

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by lstinthot View Post
    Got some family time out gathering wood. We are getting back into burning wood inside, due to the fact I probably have 4 years of wood laying on the ground. We just need to split and carry it. Kids got their turn at swinging the ax, we sold the log splitter a few years ago when we moved to a neighborhood. I may be in the market to make one or buy one now that we have land again.
    Can't beat time spent working with family. I wanted my kids to appreciate hard work, so we used a maul and wedges for a lot of years. When we started cutting for in laws, we couldn't keep up, so we got a splitter; still a lot of work.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Can't beat time spent working with family. I wanted my kids to appreciate hard work, so we used a maul and wedges for a lot of years. When we started cutting for in laws, we couldn't keep up, so we got a splitter; still a lot of work.
    When I could still swing a maul I could go through clear green alder extremely fast. My splitter really slows me down, but at least I can do it. Slow and steady is the game for me now. Everyone stay warm.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Short Game View Post
    When I could still swing a maul I could go through clear green alder extremely fast. My splitter really slows me down, but at least I can do it. Slow and steady is the game for me now. Everyone stay warm.
    My maul swinging days are long gone too and had to hand off my chain saws this year, but I do what I can.

I have several Oaks down and one Shag Bark Hickory that I can't give away; what a waste.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor

This last weekend I worked on my wooden horse pasture fence project.

Most of the seat time was running the PHD, but I did a little bucket work knocking down a high spot on the fence line.

I posted some new pics here in this thread... Temporary Horse Pasture - Fencing advice please - Page 14 - TractorByNet.com

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!
    David

Tractor
    2010 Kioti DK40SE w/ KL401 Loader

So far today....this is what I've accomplished.

Bought a trailer load of logs, brought them home and unloaded them.

Next, I'll be bucking them out and then splitting. Then hopefully, I'll be loading firewood onto your truck and collecting cash. Come on and get you a load, cold weather is coming!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TODAYS SEAT TIME-logs.jpg   TODAYS SEAT TIME-log-removal.jpg  
    For a complete soul cleansing, spend the day on a tractor.

Tractor
    John Deere 4520

Quote Originally Posted by wrflt
    Bought a trailer load of logs, brought them home and unloaded them.

Next, I'll be bucking them out and then splitting. Then hopefully, I'll be loading firewood onto your truck and collecting cash. Come on and get you a load, cold weather is coming!
    I will be falling several trees in the back acreage in the next two weeks for firewood.

Just curious, what does a cord of wood cost in your area?
    Gary

JD 4520, 400X FEL, Frontier Front Blade, Box Blade, Rotary Cutter, Landscape Rake, 48" Wildkat Grapple and PHD

Page 153 of 324 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156163203253 ... LastLast