TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,521  
Hey Mike, I could definitely use a backhoe sometime if you were up for playing! My property is all hills, which equals lots of retaining walls and terracing! Right now I'm building a timber retaining wall around my shed, which I should have done before I built it!

I'm also 3/4 of the way through a stone retaining wall along my driveway, including relocating the ill-placed gate leading into my yard. You can see a bit of the stone wall to the right of the second picture. To give you an idea of what I'm working with:

David, Where are the pics!?!?!?!?!

Jon,

I keep working right up to dusk and then after picking up my tools I've got no light for pics!!!

I made amazing progress today though!!! WOO HOO!!! (More later).

PS - I want to come help with those retaining walls too! I so WISH I has a F350 and a trailer to haul my tractor over!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Blessings upon all TBN'ers!
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,522  
Got some family time out gathering wood. We are getting back into burning wood inside, due to the fact I probably have 4 years of wood laying on the ground. We just need to split and carry it. Kids got their turn at swinging the ax, we sold the log splitter a few years ago when we moved to a neighborhood. I may be in the market to make one or buy one now that we have land again.

I've seen that handsome young man before! But not with a splitting maul in his hands!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Blessings upon all TBN'ers!
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,523  
4rs today. Worked another section of the snowmobile trail today. Put in a bridge, widen the opening in a stone wall. Finished up by installing a culvert which involved a lot of earth and rock moving to cover and anchor it.:cloud9:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,524  
got a few hours of seat time yesterday. started working on a retaining wall project to eventually expand my shed. I let the girlfriend do some digging with the loader while I used a shovel. Talk about hard work! Wish I had a backhoe during jobs like this:D

Nice looking tractor! The girlfriend is ok too. :)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,525  
Got some family time out gathering wood. We are getting back into burning wood inside, due to the fact I probably have 4 years of wood laying on the ground. We just need to split and carry it. Kids got their turn at swinging the ax, we sold the log splitter a few years ago when we moved to a neighborhood. I may be in the market to make one or buy one now that we have land again.

Can't beat time spent working with family. I wanted my kids to appreciate hard work, so we used a maul and wedges for a lot of years. When we started cutting for in laws, we couldn't keep up, so we got a splitter; still a lot of work.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,526  
Can't beat time spent working with family. I wanted my kids to appreciate hard work, so we used a maul and wedges for a lot of years. When we started cutting for in laws, we couldn't keep up, so we got a splitter; still a lot of work.

When I could still swing a maul I could go through clear green alder extremely fast. My splitter really slows me down, but at least I can do it. Slow and steady is the game for me now. Everyone stay warm.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,527  
When I could still swing a maul I could go through clear green alder extremely fast. My splitter really slows me down, but at least I can do it. Slow and steady is the game for me now. Everyone stay warm.

My maul swinging days are long gone too and had to hand off my chain saws this year, but I do what I can.

I have several Oaks down and one Shag Bark Hickory that I can't give away; what a waste.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,528  
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,529  
So far today....this is what I've accomplished.

Bought a trailer load of logs, brought them home and unloaded them.

Next, I'll be bucking them out and then splitting. Then hopefully, I'll be loading firewood onto your truck and collecting cash. Come on and get you a load, cold weather is coming!:laughing:

Attachments

• Logs.jpg
    Logs.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 215
  • Log removal.jpg
    Log removal.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 214
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,530  
wrflt said:
Bought a trailer load of logs, brought them home and unloaded them.

Next, I'll be bucking them out and then splitting. Then hopefully, I'll be loading firewood onto your truck and collecting cash. Come on and get you a load, cold weather is coming!:laughing:

I will be falling several trees in the back acreage in the next two weeks for firewood.

Just curious, what does a cord of wood cost in your area?