TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,551  
Seat time in the T190 today about 3 hours. Got to work on making a new toolbox for the Ct235, got it painted tonight throw another coat on in the morning and should be ready for years of durable work, it's an old HD craftsman toolbox

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,552  
Got about 6 hours last two days stacking logs on my burn pile. I have more wood than I need. tilled the garden for the wife after doubling the size and putting up more elk fence

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,553  
My grandfather split his last cord of wood (by hand, of course) when he was 91.

Here's hoping....!

That is awesome!

Several years ago, I met an old Gentleman up in the mountains of N. Ga., who had just finished (hand) digging (with his wife's help) a fallout shelter, that served as a fruit cellar also. At the time he was a mere 86 years old, and his wife was 2 years his senior. He has since passed on, but that impressed me to no end.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,554  
Finally got to drive my new tractor. Did a little bush hogging today. The ground is still wet and very soft. This was after I got from Wallmart. the wife sent me there for some last minute things. Yes ,my helper ( grandson ) got to ride around with me after I ran the bush hog.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,555  
Another pic of my helper.

Attachments

• IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 230
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,556  
Today My hour meter went from 49 to 51.

Mike aka LstInThot came over with his Bobcat CT230 Backhoe!

First we finished the wood pasture fence (no seat time so that will be covered in that thread). But he helped build the last 24 feet.

Then we decided to go out and play tractors in the slash area.
He dug out a Locust stump and a big cedar stump. He moved dirt, he scooped slash, he leveled some areas including starting on leveling the Motorcycle shed area.

He helped me hook his york rake onto the tractor so we could test it to see how it did on my layer of slash (not great, just like TBN folks predicted. Mostly due to it floats up over the slah as it fills up. He had me rake along the fence in one spot and TOTALLY had tipped farther over then I've ever been on my Tractor! I was skeert I must admit. I am much more timid on the tractor, he is like an old pro!

The pictures start with his arrival and go to the locust stump, then the cedar stump, and then some earth moving.

It was an AWESOME day. My wife made us sandwiches and my oldest daughter was baking cookies for Christmas gifts and she brought us warm cookies out to the field were we were working. They were YUMMY :licking:.

I had an awesome day before Christmas Eve!:thumbsup:

Thanks Mike/LstInThot!!!

Merry Christmas all!
David
A TRACTOR PARTY! Cool idea:D

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,558  
Got a little seat time today feeding Horses with the CT322. :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,559  
A TRACTOR PARTY! Cool idea:D

Its a fantastic idea! :thumbsup::D:cool:

I totally rocked... At least twice we had both tractors engaged on the same cedar stump together. Mike would curl the Backhoe over the root and I would come in from a different side and attempt to lift.

Then we were both working in the same area of the slash pile. As he was pushing forward into the pile I was going around him after having dropped off a load of slash on the new rebuilt burn pile 2.0.

I can't wait to get 3 or 4 tractors all working together, that will be an awesome day!

You guys are welcome here at Mossflower Woods anytime. TBN folks are good solid awesome people.

Be well!
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,560  
I'm so jealous. I don't know anybody else from TBN around here. :laughing: