TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,591  
Worked the proverbial manure pile. With so little snow (rain) and above average temps it needs turning more often.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,592  
I got in about 1/2 hour of very minor dirt work and I turned the burn pile to get the big stumps LstInThot dug up for me a while back to burn. I did well, but the cedar had lots of dirt on it, and the locust I could not get a good angle on it due to the wet sloppy spoots and the electric fence. But the giant black walnut will be gone by tomorrow!

I love driving the tractor!

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,593  
I haven't had much seat time lately.:( First, the fall rains got everything saturated, then, as winter approached, the temperature here has been up and down like a yo-yo. We have only had two plowable snowstorms so far. One was before Halloween and the second was before Thanksgiving. We got enough to turn things white just before Christmas, but not enough to require plowing, especially on my soft unfrozen driveway.

Late today, I did get a brief tractor session in. The ground was quite frozen, so no danger of rutting things up. I started out just to run the tractor a bit to warm it up and make sure the battery was charged. Then, I remembered some limbs that had fallen out behind the house. When I got those in the bucket, I decided I better load up something more to take out to my "rot in peace" pile. I had a small brush pile that I wanted to remove. I loaded almost half of it in for that trip. By the time I dumped that load, it was almost dark, so I headed back for the garage. On the way, I noticed a small pile of wood that I had forgotten about. (I had cut a small ash tree as an afterthought when I moved the shed.) So, I loaded that up, took it to the cellar entrance and stacked he wood inside. I finished up using the headlights.

It was great to get some seat time again, and to get a little "puttering" done with the tractor!:)

I have retired from a "career" job, but have become all too busy with what was originally supposed to be a part-time, seasonal job. It has turned into most of the time, for most of the year. The money's good, but it cuts into my tractor time! Between that, the weather and various holiday activities and obligations, seat time has been scarce. I better enjoy it when I can get it!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,594  
Yesterday, in addition to my mud/oil wrestling hooking up the stump grinder I did grind a couple black walnut stumps,before that I did a little dirt work on the spot where I plan to pour a slab for the motorcycle shed (that is the next major project).

I reconnected the grapple (it is amazing how easy that is once my dealer told me how to relieve the grapple pressure before disconnection, so I must not be too old of a dog, I am learning new tricks).

I dropped the PHD on a pile of logs, but I need to return it soon so I will need to hook it up again, so I will need to drop the grinder again also... but the whole point of attachments (plural) is changing them out, so I am looking forward to this becoming something I am more comfortable with and less of a silly n00b...

I will get some seat time today also, grinding a couple big stumps in the pasture. Hopefully today will go better for me...

Be well all,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,595  
It was great to get some seat time again, and to get a little "puttering" done with the tractor!:)

I know what you mean. Some times I ride my tractor to the mail box, which is a mile away, just to get some set time :)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,596  
Cut down 20 maples and alders for next years fire wood supply. Started to skid some logs but will work on this project for the next few weekends until finished. Also pulled a friends truck out of the ditch. Cool temperatures but no rain today.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,597  
Finished spreading 4 tons of lime. This year no snow and temp almost 60. Last year at this time we were feet deep in snow.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,598  
Got a little bored today so sanded off old paint (only year old paint just been shiny steel from in dirt all the time) removed hoses and cylinders and gave it a freshen up look. Should have done black but I like the white with red tips. So I did it exactly the same as before and really like it. what do you think?

Attachments

• image-1748369282.png
    image-1748369282.png
    300.6 KB · Views: 239
  • image-843780121.png
    image-843780121.png
    242.5 KB · Views: 213
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,599  
Got a little over a hour today. Lifted and reset telephone pole base for snowmobile bridge. Had to drive 1/2 mi or from off load site thourgh fields and woods.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,600  
Got maybe 1 to 1 1/2 inches of snow today. My driveway was anywhere from bare to about 6 inches deep. It varies from 1 to 3 lanes wide up by the garage and is 165 feet long. Just using my BX bucket, nothing fancy.

But by clearing it side to side and pushing it a full tractor length beyond the edge (gotta practice proper space management ya know), I managed to stretch the work out to take just about an hour! :laughing: Man it feels good to drive it again!