TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,623  
Interesting. I'm 1 day younger than you, old buddy!:laughing:

Ya just gotta rub it in!
oldtimer.gif

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,624  
Another hour in the seat pushing and blowing about 4 inches today. LOT'S of fun!
Need to get the blower to scrape better though.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,625  
Moved some big wood around. The local tree service loaded us up with some HUGE oak. The smaller stuff was ~24" diameter and I used the grapple to move the rounds once we cut to length.

Then we came across the MONSTER hanging in the trailer. The overall log was 57" long and 39" in diameter. OAK. The log crane at the yard had a 3k lb rating and it struggled to drop it on the trailer. We used a Dolmar 7900 with a 28" bar to slice it into 3 pieces, each right about 18". Then it was time for the Kubota to step in.

Attachments

• IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 274
  • IMAG0188.jpg
    IMAG0188.jpg
    734.2 KB · Views: 265
  • IMAG0189.jpg
    IMAG0189.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 240
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,626  
Got four more rows put into the expanded garden, then went around picking up stuff to throw in the compost pile as well as cleaned up a little of the goat yard.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,627  
Got a little play time in today. Put everything else down since it was 52 ish outside. Said I am going out to find something that "needs" to be done with the tractor. Cleaned up some trails and found a big leaning tree, root ball sitting up a good bit. Took the backhoe at the root ball a little trying to get it to weaken and let the tree fall the rest of the way. Well, half the root ball is missing now and tree is still hanging. It is pretty easy to move the rest of the root ball up and down but still will not fall. Tree is hanging over a creek, looks like I am going to have to take the chainsaw too it. Trails are off limits from the kids till tree is down.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,628  
...looks like I am going to have to take the chainsaw too it. Trails are off limits from the kids till tree is down.

Mike,

Need any help? I've got the all clear to chainsaw again (for a while until they operate on the left hand).

I took yesterday off of works and spent it with my girls getting "Horse Owner" training at the rescue we got our horses from.

Harley is doing well, but Lolly seems angry and will not allow us to approach or put a halter on her, etc. She just seems mad all the time...

I can't remember when I ran the tractor last... My place is SO WET...

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,629  
Mike,

Need any help? I've got the all clear to chainsaw again (for a while until they operate on the left hand).

I took yesterday off of works and spent it with my girls getting "Horse Owner" training at the rescue we got our horses from.

Harley is doing well, but Lolly seems angry and will not allow us to approach or put a halter on her, etc. She just seems mad all the time...

I can't remember when I ran the tractor last... My place is SO WET...

David

you have to remember 1 thing when you deal with resue horses.theyve been misstreated an prolly not fed to good.so they have trust issues with people.you have to work slow an easy with them.an never loose your temper with them.who ever had the horse that wont let you put the halter on mayve made it head shy.the best thing is go out spend time talking to an being round them.that way they can get used to you.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,630  
Got in about 45 minute of seat time. We have had some rain and wind storms in the past few weeks so our private road was starting to get some good sized pot holes. So with the sun shinning today I managed to grade the road, not the best job as parts of it were still frozen but was able to drag gravel to the pot holes. Much smoother ride. :thumbsup: