TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,681  
James,

You know the guy before me was named James too... :laughing:

It appears I was wrong, he was not trying to grow storm windows, because they were only buried under a few inches of dirt, and were wrapped in an old table cloth... It is a shallow grave! He MURDERED those storm windows!

And of course they are ALUMINUM so I can't go looking for them with a metal detector, no I just have to wait for the shards of glass or rubber gaskets to "float up" in the mud...

Grrrrrrr...

Better get some crime scene tape and call the cops.....:laughing::laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,682  
Actually metal detectors find Aluminum very well, I was just thinking if there were enough of them you could get a cheap subsoiler, at TSC and dig em up and sell them for scrap. Aluminum is about $.80 per lb. Does not fix your glass and rubber gaskit problem though.

James K0UA

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,683  
I have been looking at flags for the BB, but didn't get to use it today "borrowed" or as keep as long as you need. My uncle had it and just very little uses it with his 3520.(smallest tractor he has) But I spread trails with mulch today, turned the beaters off and just ran the chain. Worked like a charm. Have at least a couple more days of spreading but its some real fun!! The paint is bad but it's just like new mechanical condition! I really like the flex point adapter too! Makes turns better than on the draw bar.

Attachments

• image-3758165673.png
    image-3758165673.png
    669.3 KB · Views: 220
  • image-1237103550.png
    image-1237103550.png
    659.2 KB · Views: 244
  • image-2993969469.png
    image-2993969469.png
    801.1 KB · Views: 254
  • image-3066525410.png
    image-3066525410.png
    685.5 KB · Views: 222
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,684  
I managed to pick the 4x5 round bales off my trailer last night without abusing the trailer. I get two bales loaded on their side so my ornamental straps don't have to do much. But it makes unloading a bit of a pain, but last night I managed to spear them from the top(into the side of the bale) and then tip them up and lift them off in one go. It requires curling and dropping the spear while slowly backing up so the bale tips up but doesn't slide off the spear.

Hard to explain but it was a little satisfying moment while tractoring under the full moon last night.:D

My first unloading had me pushing the trailer around and had it up on one wheel for a moment trying to jam the spear into the outside of the bale... It was ugly!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,685  
My first unloading had me pushing the trailer around and had it up on one wheel for a moment trying to jam the spear into the outside of the bale... It was ugly!

One wheel??? That sounds downright artistic!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,686  
One wheel??? That sounds downright artistic!
Well sort of, I was abit surprised that the angle of the spear really matters that much, in how easy it goes into the bale.:eek: Its a fairly low trailer too so I figured I was doing something wrong:laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,687  
I managed to get 20 or 30 minutes of seat time today. I decided if it was going to rain, I might as well try to burn up one of my burn piles and as it got roaring I used the ratchet rake to backdrag any combustables from around the burn pile.

It worked VERY WELL on the slash and small debris scraping it to nearly bare earth around the fire.

It was cool.

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,688  
Sadly I had to use the tractor today to dig a hole for our oldest goat. Tuesday she gave birth to 3 kids, only one was alive. She didn't want to stand yesterday so early evening the vet was out for over an hour, thought she may have a broken pelvis. Went out early this morning with warm water for her and found her dead. We had her over 10 years and was much loved by my wife, so it's a tough day around here.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,689  
Sadly I had to use the tractor today to dig a hole for our oldest goat. Tuesday she gave birth to 3 kids, only one was alive. She didn't want to stand yesterday so early evening the vet was out for over an hour, thought she may have a broken pelvis. Went out early this morning with warm water for her and found her dead. We had her over 10 years and was much loved by my wife, so it's a tough day around here.
Sincere condolences. It's tough losing any animal you care about.