TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,701  
Just got in from doing some minor grading on the driveway. On the way back to the barn I thought I'd try topple two small dead trees that had been bothering me. Wasn't too terribly hard, just raise the bucket up against the tree and then gentle lower it and then push with the tractor. Second step was to backup and dig out roots with FEL. This could become addicting. :D

Sorry for the boring post, but I'm just having fun learning what all I can do with what my wife calls my new green toy..

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,702  
Spent a couple of hours clearing trails/roads and moved some rock.

One of our renters, 85 years old was out pushing some trees with his 7000 Series John Deere, we were both glad to be out of the house.:thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,703  
Spent a couple of hours clearing trails/roads and moved some rock.

One of our renters, 85 years old was out pushing some trees with his 7000 Series John Deere, we were both glad to be out of the house.:thumbsup:

you mean you have renter thats 85 an still doing some work hisself.the loader has been getting a good workout here lifting a cow morning an evening.i havent checked the hours as the tractor has idled alot the last few days.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,704  
you mean you have renter thats 85 an still doing some work hisself.the loader has been getting a good workout here lifting a cow morning an evening.i havent checked the hours as the tractor has idled alot the last few days.

Sure do, his son and grand son now do most of the farming, but he still gets out there on the tractors and drives the grain trucks.

He and his wife have ten children and thirty seven grand children with a few great grand children.

To make it even more amazing, he had the flu this winter as well as a heart attack with a stint placed in and gout attacks. He stopped by the other day and we talked a while, really a nice man; don't make them like that anymore.

My mom will be 90 in a couple of weeks and walks two to four miles a day and keeps a garden, lives independently and no health problems.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,705  
we went to visit a friend thats 95 an she is pretty much blind.an she just moved in with her daughter this last week.an she will be 96 next month.i just hope i live tobe an old man,an run tractors as long as i want to.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,706  
we went to visit a friend thats 95 an she is pretty much blind.an she just moved in with her daughter this last week.an she will be 96 next month.i just hope i live tobe an old man,an run tractors as long as i want to.

Same here.:thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,707  
Sure do, his son and grand son now do most of the farming, but he still gets out there on the tractors and drives the grain trucks.

He and his wife have ten children and thirty seven grand children with a few great grand children.

To make it even more amazing, he had the flu this winter as well as a heart attack with a stint placed in and gout attacks. He stopped by the other day and we talked a while, really a nice man; don't make them like that anymore.
Old farmers eh, my nieghbor is also 85 and still has a small beef herd to keep the tax man at bay. He had to do some square bales this summer so another nieghbor and I were over there helping, trying to keep him from having another heart attack... I had to outright tell him once that he'd better slow down or he isn't going to be around to feed it this winter, but we got it done without incident. He's helped me quite a bit and I think I need another couple days of doing hay to even up before he retires:)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,708  
Old farmers eh, my nieghbor is also 85 and still has a small beef herd to keep the tax man at bay. He had to do some square bales this summer so another nieghbor and I were over there helping, trying to keep him from having another heart attack... I had to outright tell him once that he'd better slow down or he isn't going to be around to feed it this winter, but we got it done without incident. He's helped me quite a bit and I think I need another couple days of doing hay to even up before he retires:)

With neighbors like you, he will be good to go for a few more years and he will live longer than if he took to the rocker.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,709  

Same here.:thumbsup:

Me three!

That is the PLAN!
:thumbsup:
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,710  
We got about 6 inches of wet and heavy snow last night. While the tractor warmed up, I started up the walk-behind snowblower (only the 3rd time this season) and cleared the patio and in front of the garage doors.

I spent a couple of hours on the tractor, clearing my 300 ft driveway. Since it was not frozen underneath, I had to be careful with the bucket angle. I definitely like my bucket roll indicator.:) I didn't scalp much sand and gravel at all. The worst was when I had a brain cramp and had the bucket angled down a bit. I dumped that and backdragged it.

I got into an awkward position where my right rear wheel wanted to go off a culvert end and my right front was hanging up on a pile of frozen dirt. It took a few tries, but I got out without totally going off the culvert end. The slippery wet snow didn't help much. When I would back up, my front wheel would catch on the dirt pile and swing my rear sideways toward hole at the culvert end. I had to go forward into my snowbank to get enough past the dirt pile that I could maneuver and get aligned better to back across the narrow culvert. I really didn't need to plow this ramp anyway. If I keep plowing it, I need to be very careful to stay in the middle of it.

Overall, it was a great session. Nothing was broken, and though I came close, I didn't actually get stuck.:thumbsup:

Note to the Safety Police: I had the ROPS up and locked and my seatbelt fastened the whole time. I thought about that some while I was flirting with the going off the end of the culvert. It's a small pipe and not much of a hole, but it could have tipped me more than I would want to.