TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,771  
I got about 3 hours of seat time last weekend on my MF250. Went over to the co-op and got my bulk fertilizer and their buggy. Put down about 100 lbs an acre of granulated urea (46-0-0) on the winter wheat. Rain was forecast the next day so it was perfect timing.

With a new baby here, I got a little behind picking up the spreader, so I wound up figuring out how to spread fertilizer in the dark too.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,772  
I got about 3 hours of seat time last weekend on my MF250. Went over to the co-op and got my bulk fertilizer and their buggy. Put down about 100 lbs an acre of granulated urea (46-0-0) on the winter wheat. Rain was forecast the next day so it was perfect timing.

With a new baby here, I got a little behind picking up the spreader, so I wound up figuring out how to spread fertilizer in the dark too. That's par for the course around here (we call it Moonlight Farm for a reason) as I did almost all the prep last fall and the planting in the dark as well.

Hope everyone is enjoying spring!

ForumRunner_20120317_124805.png

ForumRunner_20120317_124825.png

ForumRunner_20120317_124849.png

ForumRunner_20120317_124916.png

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,773  
I cleaned up the edges of my road today. The snow is almost gone. The frost is coming out of the ground. Everything is pretty soft right now. It is a good time to go down the road edges with the rear blade to clean out leaves and fix any snow plow damage that might keep the water from running off the edge. I put the blade in the offset position so I don't have to drive on the soft edge. With the blade angled to pull material in, and a little tilt to keep the edge low, I run it reversed. This seems to work good for me. In a couple or three weeks it will be dry enough to grade.
50* F today. What a spring !!

Attachments

• OffsetBlade2.JPG
    OffsetBlade2.JPG
    816.1 KB · Views: 289
  • OffsetBlade1.JPG
    OffsetBlade1.JPG
    636.2 KB · Views: 254
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,774  
I put my new T4 48" rototiller on my Kubota B2620 today. Tiller under some leaves and expanded the garden size for this year. It's been unseasonably warm here in mid-Michigan (80 today) but still too early to plant of course.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,775  
Unhooked the snow blower, thus guaranteeing at least one more squall :p, took the winter cab off the tractor and started pulling trees out from behind the old chicken coop, hoping to make space for a new chicken yard. As it happens, the ground is still frozen, so the bigger trees will have to wait for a while, as they're not budging yet. :( Finished off the weekend by hauling more brush to the pile.

Joe

Attachments

• 0316121144.jpg
    0316121144.jpg
    712.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 0316121521.jpg
    0316121521.jpg
    668.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 0316121522.jpg
    0316121522.jpg
    613.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 0316121650.jpg
    0316121650.jpg
    666.7 KB · Views: 213
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,776  
I got 4.3 hours of seat-time yesterday digging a big hole for a guy down the road that's building a storm shelter!:D... That's also hauling all the dirt away in the 4.3 hours!:)

The hole is 8'X8' and 7' deep!... The dirt is all clay, and I hit water about 3' down and the hole started filling up with water, So we had to set a pump!

I'll have to go back down to do some cleanup on Monday and I'll take a few pictures!

Bill

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,777  
I expect there will be a few storm shelters built after what went through there a few weeks ago. One fellow at work couldn't contact his parents, so he went out there and their house was simply gone. He followed the trail of debris and found his father wrapped around a tree. A guy shouldn't have to find his family that way. Sad Sad situation.

Ian

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,778  
The dirt is all clay, and I hit water about 3' down and the hole started filling up with water, So we had to set a pump!

That doesn't sound like a great place for a shelter. What if it's full of water when you need it most?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,779  
I am always amazed at what my little Ford will do. Today I was cleaning up and area that had become overgrown. I used the chain saw on a few of the bigger trees but anything 3" of below I just ran over and let the Bush Hog take care of them. I just can't believe what 28 hp on a 5' Bush hog can do!

Then because it was so nice I started planting garden. Potatoes on St. patrick's day!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,780  
That doesn't sound like a great place for a shelter. What if it's full of water when you need it most?
That's what I thought too, and I asked him the same question!.... But he said it should be/stay dry after the concrete is poured...(I say the water will find a crack somewhere)

All I'm doing is digging the hole, and then I'm out of there!!!:D

He bought some treated 2x4's & 3/4'' plywood $:eek:$... He's going to frame it all up with the 2x4's, Then screw the plywood to the 2x4's with it standing up 7FT. high..(he cut 1FT. off each sheet)

Then (some way) lift the whole thing up and set it down in the hole... Then fill in with concrete between the clay dirt and plywood, and pour concrete down in it for the floor..(I still believe it will leak)... He said he plans to leave the plywood down in there... I can't explain to you how he plans to build the top of it!:confused2::D:laughing:

But I can't understand why he bought 3/4'' treated plywood!:confused:... If it was me, I would have used 7/16'' OSB to use to hold the concrete.... He could have saved A LOT of money!!

But what do I know... I'm just a Backhoe operator!!!:laughing::D:D

Bill