TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,781  
I expect there will be a few storm shelters built after what went through there a few weeks ago. One fellow at work couldn't contact his parents, so he went out there and their house was simply gone. He followed the trail of debris and found his father wrapped around a tree. A guy shouldn't have to find his family that way. Sad Sad situation.

Ian
Yeah, I heard about that.:(

There was two young guys that was killed in the County I live in.

And yes, A lot of people are building ''storm shelters'' in this area now!!!...Some are building concrete swimming pools!!!:laughing::D:D

I've had a lot of people call me in the past two weeks wanting a hole dug!!... I'll dig the hole, But I'm not getting involved in ''building them''... Because if something happened and someone got hurt or killed in the shelter... Then I'll be in some big trouble!;)

I'm thinking I may need to buy me a ''full size Backhoe''!!!:D

My wife said after the tornado that she wanted me to build one... I've thought about it, and I think I'll just order one that will be ready to drop in a hole!!!:)

Bill

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,782  
I spent the day yesterday installing the 3rd function hyd kit that came in the The brown truck friday. Once I figured out the instructions I started on it. The hardest part was finding a hot wire to operate the system. Everything is running thru the plastic protective tubing and in many places also covered with plastic tape. I also found out when operationg I still had hyd leaks. I had to make up adapters to I could use the 3/8 Quick Disconnects they came with the tractor and I wanted to standardize everything. I have to take apart 3 fittings and put sealing tape on the threads or pipe dope. Then my grapple bucket will work without leaks. I expected more, So, I feel I did ok.

My 3 ft grapple bucket works great when I tried it out. used the teeth on it to also move some equipment out of the brambles. NO scratches on me yesterday...:thumbsup: moved 2 logs also, (left over from the loggers..)
not bad. By then It was dark, nice having lights on the tractor.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,783  
Spent the day putting in a culvert.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120318_200501.png
    ForumRunner_20120318_200501.png
    894.1 KB · Views: 289
  • ForumRunner_20120318_200514.png
    ForumRunner_20120318_200514.png
    934.5 KB · Views: 291
  • ForumRunner_20120318_200529.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120318_200529.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 271
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,785  
Spent about 4 hrs with the BX and Dr Grader fixing top end of our dirt road yesterday. Today borrowed neibors york rake and knocked over some snowplow ridges left along another section of road. Also pulled down stuck broken off tree that was headed for my shed.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,786  
Pulled out some old spirea bushes was a real pain so it used the fel to dig them out. Pulled a hay wagon around picking up tree trimmings . Pushed over a wild cherry about 4-5 inches in dia. soggy ground
will go back with chain saw and cut it up

have 33 hrs on L5740 bought in sept can t wait till hay season

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,787  
Spent about 2hrs sunday checking out trailer, swapped a tire,checked pressures. Loaded land plane then 7040 with 6ft flail. Trailer is 25' so had to jockey everything a bit to fit right. Finally hooked and ready leave at about 3am. Checked the lights...only running lights:mad:. No turn or brake. Troubleshoot till after dark.

Today 7am let customer know Im delayed. Start on trailer again. After a long day and more cussin than im proud of finally decide its in the f350 harness. Going to dealer in the morning. Tractor is still on trailer. Only good news is I did get the wife to look at a new trailer today:D.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,788  
A guy shouldn't have to find his family that way. Sad Sad situation.

Ian

Ian,

I offer prayers for your friend.

I 1000% agree, that is not the way anyone's family should find or be found...

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,789  
had fun digging a shallow pool next to a spring driping out of a hill side still have more to do but will have to wait till i get home in 2 weeks and i also busted another hyd line on the fle

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,790  
We had a brush pile that has been growing for the last 2+ years. I got a 48 hr burn permit on Sunday and attempted to burn it Sunday evening. It was too wet and compacted. We didn't get much of it burned. Last evening (Monday), we tried again with more success. The warm day had dried the pile out, so it went a bit better. Between the two sessions, we got about half of the whole thing burned.

Today, I took the afternoon off (I'm retired from one job and work part-time on another). I put the backhoe back on the tractor. Then I dug out a buried log beside the driveway that had been heaved up on one end by frost. I also pulled out a couple of very small stubs.

With the above as a warm-up activity, I headed for the brush pile. I pretty much turned the pile over with the hoe, fluffed it up, and pushed the edges in. I'll get another burn permit on Friday and hopefully turn the rest into smoke and ash. I can't wait too long to do the burning. If the dry weather continues, they will shut off the burning permits.

Anyway, it was good to use the tractor again for something other than snow removal. It was also good to use the backhoe again.:)

My property is pretty wet and tender. I'll have to wait until things dry out some before I really get back to cleaning up the rocks and stumps.