TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,811  
Of course you are still responsible for any fire you start but you said you had a 4 to midnight window for the fire. A good brush pile will burn all night for me as it winds down. Do you throw water on it at midnight?
Creamer,

Here is the site my state forrester sent me to... Frequently Asked Questions: Burning and the 4 p.m. Law

This is an excerpt...

If I take all precautions with my fire after 4 p.m. and it does escape and start a fire, am I responsible for the suppression cost?
Yes. Although you may have taken all proper precautions and obtained any locally required permits, whoever started the fire is responsible should the fire escape.

What is the penalty for violating the 4 p.m. law? Violation of the 4 p.m. law is a class 3 misdemeanor with a fine of not more than $500.

I'm not gonna mess with it if I can avoid it.

Thanks,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,812  
Of course you are still responsible for any fire you start but you said you had a 4 to midnight window for the fire. A good brush pile will burn all night for me as it winds down. Do you throw water on it at midnight?

Between Feb 15 and April 30, yes sir I do! Last fall I had a burn pile that burned for many days, and smoldered for almost 2 weeks...

Right now I'm mainly burning where I can reach a hose and I ended up putting it out early because it must be attended and I wanted to go to bed.

I had another pile on St Paddy's day that was at the far end of the field and it took a plastic barrel with 55 gallons of water in the back of my truck and MANY trips with a 5 gallon bucket in each hand...

Right now I'm trying to perfect small hot fast fires that burn the larger slash but are easier to put out after a few hours...

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,813  
It's good to see the ground is wet there after the drought.

I have one of those electronic weather stations... It show 8+ inches of rain for March and 28+ for the year sp far. Keeping my fingers crossed since I jsut re spriggs my hay field.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,814  
Bought a 4 foot wide aerator this afternoon. Too large to handle by hand, so I stuck my BX bucket just inside my Expedition's rear gate, and managed to get it almost out by myself. Then I convinced my wife to back it up 6 feet while I supported the outer end. First time she's ever sat on it, much less made it move. :) Took off the FEL and hooked up the aerator and did my lawn. Managed to get about an hour and 1/2 total. Gosh it's awesome to get behind the wheel again. I'll have to get the mower on and drive some more in the next day or 2.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,815  
Had to do the important things today. Tomorrow I am trading my tractor seat time for another seat!

Attachments

• 2012-04-04_18-10-55_472.jpg
    2012-04-04_18-10-55_472.jpg
    650.2 KB · Views: 288
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,816  
Yesterday I picked up a used 5ft 5 shank field cultivator ( the style with the two spring shanks) for $250

Of course I had to try it out, so I did a couple of small areas on my lot. Int the garden that had been plowed with a middlebuster a couple of times over the last 3-4 weeks, it dug right in and did an awesome job.

On the compacted area that I've been using for all my access it did a great job of breaking up about 4 inches deep in the first pass, and about 4-5 inches more each additional pass

On the alfalfa field that wasn't quite as compacted, it'd go about 6 inches deep in the first pass.

I'm super happy with this purchase and the price was definitely right!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,817  
Rode the 1 HP-erd manure spreader ! Had a blast, took 3 ladies from Church on short trail ride . Wish I would have gotten a pic but you should have seen the saddle on one of -em ! :D :thumbsup:

Boone

Attachments

• real deal.jpg
    real deal.jpg
    910.2 KB · Views: 310
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,818  
getting the lake ready for Easter eggs hunting.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 324
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 281
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 292
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    736.3 KB · Views: 294
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,820  
I just wish the belly mower on my BX was offset about 12" to reach under shrubs without tearing the tail lights off.

Ian