TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,841  
Technically it is NOT seat time, but it is close...

I started creating a log bucking area tonight with a number of the straight 7' plus logs I had originally planned for fence posts. I created a 25' section of raised logs I can move my firewood pile over to and I can easily cut firewood from this "platform" and never have the saw touch ground.

I cut up about 1/2 ful bed of my pickup truck worth of pine, birch, oak, and others for a "campfire" I am hosting at Church tomorrow for the Men's group I run

I had only put maybe 1/2 a tank of gas in my Stihl 20" Farmboss and I still had plenty of gas so I started cutting down the small trees that have sprung up along the edges of the big pond.

Basically I ran my saw for a couple hours and I prepped for both cuttting major firewood AND the curved section of the pasture fence. It was a glorious 3+ hours.

My shoulders ache, so do my arms. I need to change the chain on my saw, and the beaver was checking out the trees I tossed into the pond almost immediately after I was done.

It was an awesome evening, even if I did not fire up the tractor...

Be well all,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,842  
Technically it is NOT seat time, but it is close...

I started creating a log bucking area tonight with a number of the straight 7' plus logs I had originally planned for fence posts. I created a 25' section of raised logs I can move my firewood pile over to and I can easily cut firewood from this "platform" and never have the saw touch ground.

I cut up about 1/2 ful bed of my pickup truck worth of pine, birch, oak, and others for a "campfire" I am hosting at Church tomorrow for the Men's group I run

I had only put maybe 1/2 a tank of gas in my Stihl 20" Farmboss and I still had plenty of gas so I started cutting down the small trees that have sprung up along the edges of the big pond.

Basically I ran my saw for a couple hours and I prepped for both cuttting major firewood AND the curved section of the pasture fence. It was a glorious 3+ hours.

My shoulders ache, so do my arms. I need to change the chain on my saw, and the beaver was checking out the trees I tossed into the pond almost immediately after I was done.

It was an awesome evening, even if I did not fire up the tractor...

Be well all,
David

Sounds good to me!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: I finally start some seat time next week.......:thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,843  
Got tired of looking at a pile of topsoil I had rounded over so I could mow, along with the droopy, sagging ridgeline of my pipe path out to the leach field that was left after my contractor way underbidded what the job cost and bailed before finishing the job.

Anyway, a few hours of work later and the pile is mostly gone, the ridgeline is straight, and I awoke the Ghost Of Dawg Days Present.

Attachments

• 0413121610b95326460.jpg
    0413121610b95326460.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 278
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,844  
Got tired of looking at a pile of topsoil I had rounded over so I could mow, along with the droopy, sagging ridgeline of my pipe path out to the leach field that was left after my contractor way underbidded what the job cost and bailed before finishing the job.

Anyway, a few hours of work later and the pile is mostly gone, the ridgeline is straight, and I awoke the Ghost Of Dawg Days Present.

Ghost Of Dawg looks like he's on a mission..:laughing: :laughing:

Wedge

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,847  
Did some summerizing today. Emptied the ballast out of the plow truck. Put the plow up in the woods. Took off the tractor chains. Grubbed this years protruding rock crop out of the road. Seems like everything is gettting pushed ahead this year. Seems like I'm behind schedule but when I look at the calender it is almost a month early.

Attachments

• RockGrubing.JPG
    RockGrubing.JPG
    652.5 KB · Views: 316
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,848  
Reclaiming an overgrown flowerbed for the Mrs. to turn into a hummingbird and butterfly garden, I pulled out several old shrubs and small saplings with the drawbar and a loop strap. Everything worked great until I hitched up to a very old yew. I couldn't budge it. Hacked some roots with an ax, still no go. Thankfully my father-in-law came driving by in his rollback. :thumbsup: Winch line on the yew took care of things, but it was in there tight.

Took the shrub and rootball into the woods, and it felt a little light in the back end. Time for a ballast project I think.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,849  
I mowed my lawn the second time this year. Crazy. First time it was the day before Easter. I never recall mowing that early in the year in Nova Scotia.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,850  
Finished taking out this years road rocks that the frost pushed up. When you can see just one little tip sticking up you don't know how big they are til you get them out. If they don't come easy with the tractor I use my little 70 hp dozer. Tons of fun :)

Attachments

• RoadRocks1.JPG
    RoadRocks1.JPG
    706.7 KB · Views: 347
  • RoadRocks4.JPG
    RoadRocks4.JPG
    663.8 KB · Views: 342