TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,871  
David,

I notice you didn't include the time you spent doing your 50 hour service, does that mean what I think it does?

I finished the 50 hour BEFORE yesterday. Well everything except the front axle, a couple stuck zirks, and the hidden zirks I cannot find, and the PTO shaft joints on my grinder and cutter... But I did not consider that "seat time"...

You musta figger'd I was skipping out on my maintenance...

I PROMISE to do the next one ON TIME (or very close).

Is that better? :D:thumbsup:

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,872  
Didn't mean to nag (well maybe a little bit). I've been enjoying your occasional reference to overdue service and wondered if you got it done. I did my 50 hour a couple of months ago and it felt good to check it off the list.

Keep the rubber side down......

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,873  
Bush hogged for the fourth day this week. It rained, but I kept cutting and then it stopped.

I was mowing the rifle range and "found" a bunch of target stands, wire and stuff I don't even know what used to be, so I quit and let my kids know to go up and fix everything. I have about four more days or a little more then it will be time to start back on another farm.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,874  
Despite our cooler and wetter than normal spring I got out yesterday and did a little bit of logging. Had a few fir trees come down over the winter. So am cutting up the lower parts of the log for milling and the tops for firewood.

Attachments

• logging2012 006.jpg
    logging2012 006.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 218
  • logging2012 003.jpg
    logging2012 003.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 217
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,875  
I was the Murray Man today...Cut my 1 &1/2 acre Lawn on my Murray lawn tractor...it is a powerful beast....:D

With this early warm weather...we never really had a winter...I will start bush hogging the farm next week...that will be a 3 day process....I will use my new clamp on forks to move some downed trees and brush as well....

Normally I would not be bush hogging until the end of May....a month early this year and it is already over knee high....it will be slow going because it is thick and high...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,876  
I'm like Brin this weekend, All my seat time was on a JD Riding Mower, and mostly I was teaching my middle (11 year old daughter) and regfresing my 13 year old daughter on the fine points of garden tractor, riding mower operations.

My middle daughter is still too small for the seat nanny, but the JD STX-30 I was planning to sell this spring does not have one, and she is rapidly learning how to drive and mow with it, and she LOVES it! She calls it HER Tractor!

We managed to get 98% of everything mowed that was mowable this weekend, including the fire road, and the branch trail. between the 3 of us,we must have logged 6 hours or more total.

I also put together a slick dump trailer/wagon I got at TSC on sale recently... It has 4 rubber tires and a plastic dump bed, it says it will hold 1400 lbs, and it did handle a full load of broken bricks... but mor importantly it will hold a full bale of hay and the horses food buckets, and my oldest daughter can drive that mower, with that trailer, up to fed the horses.

I also tore out the crappy rolling door on the big metal shed/barn. I cleaned out 6 giant metal wheelbarrows full of guano and straw & feathers. I've set up pallets for storing hay and soon as I get my hands on a sawzall I will cut the opening big enough to support my ROPS and canopy and my tractor and attachments can live under cover, outside of the weather...

I have pics of some of this, will post tomorrow. I'm off to the Pentagon first thing in the morning.

Be well all.
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,877  
Several hours in the seat bush hogging brush and grass in the meadow below my house. I've been clearing the area and cutting some of the redbud trees down so we can actually see the stream - and the moving wildlife. The area is sloped so I am also learning how steep I can mow comfortably. I don't intend to even approach limits. Even with the ROPS I don't want to roll the machine.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,878  
Hey David, I've got a sawzall you can borrow :thumbsup:

This weekend my buddy and I spent a few hours grinding the numerous stumps in my yard. We used a toro "Dingo" type contraption, worked like a charm. It was a little slow on some of the 20+ inch white oaks, but tore through everything else. I can't wait to start mixing in compost and getting some grass growing on my crappy clay soil!!! :laughing:

Attachments

• stump grinding.jpg
    stump grinding.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 272
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,879  
jonnyc1999 said:
Hey David, I've got a sawzall you can borrow :thumbsup:

This weekend my buddy and I spent a few hours grinding the numerous stumps in my yard. We used a toro "Dingo" type contraption, worked like a charm. It was a little slow on some of the 20+ inch white oaks, but tore through everything else. I can't wait to start mixing in compost and getting some grass growing on my crappy clay soil!!! :laughing:

Jon,

I've got TONS of compost you can borrow!

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,880  
Is it the stinky kind? Well, shoot, I'll take it all!

Um... can I borrow your trailer to move it too? Hahaha!!!!