TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,891  
My trailer is wide enough to hold some of that good stuff. I have a sawzall as well I can lend for compost. We are in need of some stuff to jump start our garden efforts. Let me know when a good time to swing by is.

Mike

Hey David, my sawzall is corded. I'm off all weekend and the first part of next week, so maybe we can get some work done :thumbsup:

Mike and Jon,

Please plan to come by Saturday, we can set you up for as much "compost" as we can collect... I am running behind on my garden project (and all my projects).

I will happily take the assistance with the sawzall to cut the opening to my "Barn" bigger to accomodate the ROPS/Canopy...

I'm not leaving for Oregon until Monday (I think).

Of course I was PLANNING to go get a load of hay this afternoon, I need to pickup two loads at least, probably 65-75 bales total (maybe 3 loads) because my Hay supplier needs the space for the new crop (I've offered working the harvest with him, he seems open to that). The rain is 40-50% this afternoon, so looks like today will not work for a load of hay.

The "barn" is ready for hay storage with pallets set up across the entire back section, should be able to store over 100 bales (depending on how high I stack them). Biggest concern is that it is very dry clay dirt floor which generates lots of dust.

I am getting VERY close to the next pasture fence project. I'm planning to do the end closest to the house, the curved part, so that will be slightly more complex... Maybe by the end of the month?

The world seems a bit wobbly at the moment.

Be well all,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,892  
Got plenty if seat time today, almost 3 hours, going along ditches and doing the trails! I really like my setup on my brush hog, I don't miss the pull type at all! Heres a few photos from today!

Attachments

• image-3422786866.jpg
    image-3422786866.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 250
  • image-1867463272.jpg
    image-1867463272.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 277
  • image-2929440153.jpg
    image-2929440153.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 245
  • image-2367944507.jpg
    image-2367944507.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 274
  • image-409474437.jpg
    image-409474437.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 255
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,893  
Going to put my wife in the seat today and use a chain - rigged by me - to pull out a lot of old, twisted fence wire. Sometimes I can pull it out intact, sometimes the tractor balks, so I slack it off and use old bolt-cutters to cut the wire off trees and the like. Going to be hot, so should be fun...:(

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,894  
Only took about 20 minutes, but I moved 2 bucket loads of rotted horse manure from the pasture closer to the flower garden. Luckily someone else will be speeding it into the garden, I had the easy job!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,895  
This is from a few weeks ago, but just got around to getting the pics off the camera and posting.

The backhoe sure makes chainsaw work easier! After cutting the tree down (it was damaged from an early snow last year) I tried to drag it out of the woods, but no go. Had to cut it in half first. These pics are when I am about 3/4 done bucking the first half. The backhoe could not lift the entire log, so I had to cut some off, then raise it up, cut some more off, etc... Used the backhoe to load the rounds into the trailer - why not, I was having fun. Had to unload the trailer by hand and oh boy were those suckers heavy! Made me appreciate the back saving work by the tractor.

-Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_2500.jpg
    IMG_2500.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_2499.jpg
    IMG_2499.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 251
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,896  
Got two hours in today knocking over a tree, popping the stump and picking up the roots. A CK20 with a flat bucket is not very good at this job..

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,897  
Not really seat time, did not use the tractor at all, but I went and picked up 47 bales of Horse Hay today and stacked them in my "barn".

I've got at least 33 more to pick up tomorrow, and then he is giing me the "dirty" bales off the bottom. so that will be about 30+ bales I need to get tomorrow also. I've got to finish it all tomorrow, Sunday my oldest daughter is confirmed at Church, and Monday I fly off to my brother's funeral etc. in Oregon.

1st pic is my "barn" with the stacked hay. 2nd pic is my "helper"...

Be well all,
David

Attachments

• 2012-05-04 16.46.28.jpg
    2012-05-04 16.46.28.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 287
  • 2012-05-04 13.39.04.jpg
    2012-05-04 13.39.04.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 284
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,898  
played with the backhoe today, I'm thinkin I'll be getting a grapple soon. I'm also starting to design a ripper for the backhoe

ForumRunner_20120504_171718.png

y'all have a good day

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,899  
I got an hour or 90 mins of seat time today.

I dropped the TSG-50 and connected the drawbar foir the very first time.

I hauled my flatbed trailer full of hay down to the "barn" twice. The tractor road was still wet from the daily t-storms and the mud was slimy sticky and STINKY(Holy cow it smelled like cowpies!!!)

Now my tires stink! Back to the story... We moved at least 30 bales of good horse hay, and at least 45 bales of "dirty" bottom row bales. I now have 2large hay stacks in the "barn". I dumped one broken dirty bale into the pasture as "mulch".

Then I dropped the grapple and got the bucket (minus the ratchet rakel) and loaded 3 buckets of horse/bird "compost" into the back of Jonnyc1999's F-150. Plus 4 dirty bales for archery practice (We want PIX Jon!). Then Jon got out a sawzall and he quickly cut out a section of the opening for the "barn" (we used my bucket as a Jon Lift) and suddenly my tractor could park INSIDE for the first time ever (but I left it outside in the rain because the tires STINK!!!)

I am ever so thankful to my buddies from Church and Jon from TBN who came and helped me put up some serious hay before my trip on Monday.

I also got about 30 min running the JD LX266 with the 4' York (yorkie?) Rake and I did a minor groom of the entrance of the driveway and I also raked the horse apples to break them up and scatter them...

Finally, I used a shovel and wheelbarrow and cleaned up the "river bed" I previously cut with the FEL & bucket and when done we busted through deeper into the pond and let the river "flow". It burbled nicely. I'm ready to start lining it with rocks next weekend...

The dirt we moved we dumped into the low spots of the tractor road... Hopefully it stinks less with new mud...

Be well all,
David

It was a great day.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,900  
Serviced the JD lawn tractor. Also I had decided to replace the traction belt this year but there were no instructions or even a part number in the manual for the traction belt. Replacing the belt turned out to be a much bigger challange than I thought it would be for what I consider a maintenance item. I figured out why it was not in the manual ... There is no way they could have described how to do it without using cuss words.
Then I mowed the front lawn for the first time this season after I got the tractor back together.