TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,931  
David hope your hand gets better soon. I have 47 hours now, and looking toward doing the nasty 50 hour thing. probably next weekend.:)
Take care, heal fast.:thumbsup:

James K0UA

James,

I managed to get 30-45 min yesterday, the meter still says 77 or 78 hours though. Hand is slowly getting better.

I have always thought my hour meter ran slowly, like it is RPM dependant or something and unless I am running a PTO attachment I'm never at full RPM...

Hmmm...

Be well sir,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,932  
Yesterday I got 30-45 minutes or so working on the "tractor road" to the barn, and clearing some of the stuff in the new garden area I am putting in for my wife. I also hauled a bucket full ofbig rocks from around the small man-made pond I am taking out down to the drainage "river" that I made as prep for building that up.

I also got an hour or so on the LX266 pulling the 4' Yorkie rake to break up the horse apples in the pasture. I got another hour on the Hoe (not a back hoe though) removing the weeds the horses wont eat from the pasture. Back breaking work and difficult with 1.5 hands in my current condition. Chopped many weeds and buttercups...

As soon as weather allows, I plan to put the rotary cutter back on and cut the areas I am turning into pasture. I've got hawthorns and many other undesirable species popping up and growing rapidly.

I also want to get back to stump grinding, I owe the neighbor one. My tractor feels funny with nothing on the back and just a bucket up front.

Be well all,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,933  
Hey Gordon, was wondering how well you like your tailgate? Can you tell us a little more about it?

Probably more than you want to know but since you asked here is my story.

When I built my grader I wanted to try and make it act a little like a box blade, more or less as an experiment, so I put the tailgate on the back. It is 3/8" plate and swings on a hinge made from the 1 1/2" pipe cross member inside some short 2" pipe sections welded to the plate. I put a pair stop pins at the bottom rear of the side plates.
The tailgate has two positions. If I swing the tailgate up and over so it hangs behind the stop pins (normal position for grading) I find that heavy material like gravel passes under unimpeded and the lighter stuff like sod gets trapped because it is not heavy enough to pick up the tailgate to get under. So it makes a good sod collector. When the tailgate is in this position I can also back into a pile of material and push it with the tailgate because the stops won't let it swing back so it acts like a little push blade. So if I am grading a road with grass in it or trimming along the edge and I collect to much sod in the box I can lift the box, move ahead of the sod pile, then back into it and push it off the road. This is very handy.
If I put the tailgate in the other position by swinging it up and over to hang inside against the stops any material get trapped in the box so it acts like a forward moving box blade. I can control how much material I collect by raising the front end of the grader to stop cutting while leaving the back end down to keep the material contained. Then I can drag the material where I want. Like a box blade.
It just makes my grader a little more useful.

Attachments

• TailGate1.JPG
    TailGate1.JPG
    557.9 KB · Views: 257
  • TailGate2.JPG
    TailGate2.JPG
    561.2 KB · Views: 220
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,934  
Its all in the water chemistry! :thumbsup:

Mike,

I saw somthing like that last Monday after my surgery. I think it was left over from the custom splint process. but it was a chemical that turned water into a solid like ice, but without freezing it.

It was in a plastic bowl and I was at a total loss to figure it out at the time...

Pretty funny though,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,935  
Rain let up so got in a bit of seat time :licking:
We are going to put in some raised beds in a former chicken run. So took the staples out of the posts and then pulled back the last post, wire still attached, and pulled it back, then pulled out the other 3 fence posts. 2 peach trees that have never given us ripe fruit in the past 10 years got chained up and the lifted with the front bucket and out they came, pretty slick. Hate to think if I didn't have the tractor how much work it would be to use a shovel. :confused2: :( Moved about 15 cement blocks we had in there running the length of the barn that had been used as a bed edge. All of them stacked very nicely into the bucket and got moved out of the way. :)

Attachments

• PeachTrees 007.jpg
    PeachTrees 007.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 206
  • PeachTrees 009.jpg
    PeachTrees 009.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 220
  • PeachTrees 013.jpg
    PeachTrees 013.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 300
  • PeachTrees 010.jpg
    PeachTrees 010.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 239
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,936  
Went over to a former co-workers place with the tractor and Landplane.
His drive way was a mess with tire ruts and a water ditch in it. Plus it is on a slope. I ended up with a 6 ft KK LandPlane and it works great. I spent about an hour working his drive and it looks great now. I got rid of the big hump in the middle of the drive and brought the gravel back up to the top and he is wanting to get more gravel and have me work it for him. The stuff that washed down, the township scoops up and dumps in the ditch across the road. They can't put it back on his drive as they have had problems with others sueing them. Seeing as how the ditch is 6 ft deep with a stream, I could not get in there to clean up the gravel. Darn!. I think once we put in a drain across the drive, we can take care of the water runoff coming down the hillside above the house. With the round trip and drive work, I got in a good two hours today...Now, I have to mow the lawn...my Power King is down and will have to get the KK finish mower set up to use with the Kioti. It was a modified mower when I got it and so has an extra short PTO shaft. I have a new one to cut down properly as I restored the mower to its original hook up setup...

All you others look like you are having fun too!:thumbsup::D:laughing:

Tom

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,937  
Spent about two hours baling hay for my brother-in-law on his Kubota MX5700. Everything was going well until the unexpected rain shower came.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,938  
Got a couple hours pulling a landscaping rake over a patch of ground I cut the trees down to straighten out the lawn. Hand raking starts now.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,939  
An hour digging out topsoil to make room for driveway. Got about 80' x 13' 12-14" deep dug out.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,940  
I have been getting some serious bushhogging time in this week. Still have several hours to go.

Attachments

• Bushhog 2.jpg
    Bushhog 2.jpg
    771.5 KB · Views: 246
  • Bushhog 4.jpg
    Bushhog 4.jpg
    669.6 KB · Views: 308