TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,952  
Today was a day to run the bush hog. #30 years and learned something new. My lynch pins kept coming up missing on the upper and lower 3pt. links. High weeds, thistles, and brush were stripping them off. Rough ground and to fast of speed did not help either. The fix to the problem was laying on the trucks dash- a cheap roll of electrical tape. A couple of passes with the plastic tape keep the pins on the arms and the bush hog behind the tractor all afternoon.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,953  
I spent a hot day in the sun, however I am not complaining. I had to cut, and split a few trees that have been down in my yard, and neglected since I was injured. I then mowed about 4 acres, removed t-posts, helped breed and ultrasound one of our horses, and had a mechanical scare on my tractor. While I was driving it, I just stopped, and the only way I was able to move it, was with the front wheels, in 4 wheel drive. I quickly found that the bolt that hold the tire onto the axel, had fallen out, due to stripped threads. I quickly replaced it, and was very glad that it was an easy fix.

103_1881.jpg

103_1909.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,954  
Developer finally moved the huge mound of dirt off of our lot, so I spent the day breaking up the HARD packed clay that was left from the loader. Then I started working on leveling that side of the yard.... I'm not very good at the leveling part... Yet

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,956  
Suffering withdrawl!:D Line from Hydraulic hose to pump sprouted a pin hole last week. Cannot get replacement until Wed. Was not going to pay $50.00 shipping for $20.00 part for overnight delivery.:mad: One dealership had same part on order for another customer. On BX23 there are three metal lines that run from the hoses on right side of FEL through a clamp and under the tractor. Vibration caused the middle line to chafe aginst a bushing/bolt that separates the three lines and holds the clamp down.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,957  
Last night I got 45 minutes or so on the LX266 (mowing deck removed) pulling the little 4' York rake around the pasture spreading out the horse apples before it rained.

It seems to have worked, within 2 hours it was pouring rain and T-Storming...

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,958  
Last night I got 45 minutes or so on the LX266 (mowing deck removed) pulling the little 4' York rake around the pasture spreading out the horse apples before it rained.

It seems to have worked, within 2 hours it was pouring rain and T-Storming...

Be well,
David

We had tornado warnings last night, and I drove in terrible T storms that washed out the roads in spots, and rained large hail. The lightening was so bad, I couldn't see while driving, it looked like a strobe light. A pole got struck about 100 feet behind me while I on a main road, and the power instantly went out. I guess that its that time of year. Can you use your york rake on your lawn too, for leaves? I have pasture as well, and that would work well, but I have been wondering if they cut down too deep to use on grass.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,959  
We had tornado warnings last night, and I drove in terrible T storms that washed out the roads in spots, and rained large hail. The lightening was so bad, I couldn't see while driving, it looked like a strobe light. A pole got struck about 100 feet behind me while I on a main road, and the power instantly went out. I guess that its that time of year. Can you use your york rake on your lawn too, for leaves? I have pasture as well, and that would work well, but I have been wondering if they cut down too deep to use on grass.

Mitch,

WOW! That's a storm!

This York rake is really small. I'm not really sure it is even 4' now that I think about it. I have thought often about using it to rake up the pine straw, and I intended to use it to rake the leaves also last fall. But I never did... It is really designed to drag behind riding lawn mower...

I suspect because of the wheels it MIGHT work because you can keep it from digging in on level ground.

What is does with the manure is break it up, but every time there is a dip, or a depression, everything in the rake gets deposited in that hole (pretty much).

It worked well at raking the gravel when I had nothing else to groom the gravel with. Now I use the ratchet rake and it is awesome.

It is NOTHING like a rake on a 3pt hitch.

David

Attachments

• IMG-20111013-00089.jpg
    IMG-20111013-00089.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 222
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,960  
Mitch,

WOW! That's a storm!

This York rake is really small. I'm not really sure it is even 4' now that I think about it. I have thought often about using it to rake up the pine straw, and I intended to use it to rake the leaves also last fall. But I never did... It is really designed to drag behind riding lawn mower...

I suspect because of the wheels it MIGHT work because you can keep it from digging in on level ground.

What is does with the manure is break it up, but every time there is a dip, or a depression, everything in the rake gets deposited in that hole (pretty much).

It worked well at raking the gravel when I had nothing else to groom the gravel with. Now I use the ratchet rake and it is awesome.

It is NOTHING like a rake on a 3pt hitch.

David
Thats still a pretty nice set up! I need to find something like that. I like the wheels on it, compared to the kind I would get for the 3 point. I also have to rake manure, and shavings, but I have been trying to use my dirt scoop, and that dosen't work great. I thought about a small pto driven spreader, but they are so expensive, so I think that we may go with a manure shaker for the barn to cut down of the wasted shavings, and I may try to find one like yours. Thanks for the response and the photo!

There are several models of these, and one with plans to build it yourself.

http://www.neperuvianhorseclub.com/member_farms/The Shaker mailer.pdf