TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,961  
There are several models of these, and one with plans to build it yourself.
QUOTE]

Mitch,

VERY Interesting!

I have no stalls and no barn. At the moment I do not even have a run in shed.

I am building one soon (a run-in shed, not a barn).

My horses are rescue and they have lived outside their entire lives so far, so I am not being cruel to them. The do hang out under the peach trees alot in the shade. I am planning a 32 x 32 or 40 x 40 fenced "night" field with a run-in shed as my next pasture project. This is where we will feed them and keep them at night, and it will have access to different pastures for rotation.

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,962  
There are several models of these, and one with plans to build it yourself.
QUOTE]

Mitch,

VERY Interesting!

I have no stalls and no barn. At the moment I do not even have a run in shed.

I am building one soon (a run-in shed, not a barn).

My horses are rescue and they have lived outside their entire lives so far, so I am not being cruel to them. The do hang out under the peach trees alot in the shade. I am planning a 32 x 32 or 40 x 40 fenced "night" field with a run-in shed as my next pasture project. This is where we will feed them and keep them at night, and it will have access to different pastures for rotation.

David

Thats great, am I'm glad to see that you can have them naturally on your property. We have 5 horses, and the first week that we moved to New Hampshire, despite the fact that it was the middle of summer, and all of our horses were in perfect health, and good weight, we got about 20 complaints to the humane society, and they came out over, and over again, even thought the law here states that you do not need a shelter until November 1st. Then you have to have 100sg ft per horse with a 3 sided run in, or a stall. It is amazing, since this is an agricultural area, and you think that people would understand horses. So, I think that it is great that you allow your horses to be horses, and that you don't have to deal with crazy horse people around you. The woman who came out to the house from the humane society didn't know the first thing about horses, let alone anything larger than a cat, and I questioned even that.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,963  
Picked up a weight box down in Indy, went for skid steer dozer blade but ended up buying this in the auction for $185. Then a guy there said he had a 7ft blade i was looking for in town. He lived in a subdivision only had a 1026R with 4ft blade. Mad but it Made me happy that I live in the country as the houses there were 8ft apart on a 1/10 of an acre. here's the pics a little bent on top but will work just fine.

Attachments

• image-1046028661.jpg
    image-1046028661.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 169
  • image-1576693199.jpg
    image-1576693199.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 177
  • image-1419589429.jpg
    image-1419589429.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 161
  • image-3289290875.jpg
    image-3289290875.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 156
  • image-2627048497.jpg
    image-2627048497.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 168
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,964  
Oh, seat time. I hope to one day again...
I had the torn rotater cuff repair done last Friday. It'll be six to eight weeks before I can even get on a tractor without hairlipping the surgeon. I just spent two hours taking a shower.
I took a week off work before and finished the backhoe work I was doing for the guy who fixed the A/C in the old Tahoe, and did the last cut til August, as I put it to them, for all the old folks in the community I've bush hogging for these last few years. They all took it really well; as I had been telling them all along, what I learned from this site to say: "That's what free looks like."
Wm

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,965  
I spent about an hour on and off the seat pulling out honeysuckle with my BX's bucket and chain that has encroached on the Mrs.' flowerbed. :thumbsup:

Then tackled the big project for the summer. I have a good sized leaning tree to take out. It's been tilted over resting on a big branch, but still healthy, for about 11 years.

I cleared out more honeysuckle to get some working room, then yanked out a cedar that was right in the same root ball. I don't have wheel spacers (won't fit with my mower), but have the tires loaded and another 50 lbs on the rims, plus a 275 lb weight bar on the 3ph, slung so low it almost drags.

But the side hill averages 20 degrees and has some bumps and holes. :eek: Most of the work could be done up and down, but not quite all. I got off and pushed on the roll bar and couldn't begin to lift the top side tire, but man, I was so puckered up it would be a heck of a contest if I got diarrhea at the same time. Taking it *slow* doesn't begin to describe it. About 3 hours in all.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,966  
Mitch,

That is TERRIBLE! Holy Cow! I would not have handled that as level-headed as you did! Busybodies make me CRAZY!!!!!

David

Thats great, am I'm glad to see that you can have them naturally on your property. We have 5 horses, and the first week that we moved to New Hampshire, despite the fact that it was the middle of summer, and all of our horses were in perfect health, and good weight, we got about 20 complaints to the humane society, and they came out over, and over again, even thought the law here states that you do not need a shelter until November 1st. Then you have to have 100sg ft per horse with a 3 sided run in, or a stall. It is amazing, since this is an agricultural area, and you think that people would understand horses. So, I think that it is great that you allow your horses to be horses, and that you don't have to deal with crazy horse people around you. The woman who came out to the house from the humane society didn't know the first thing about horses, let alone anything larger than a cat, and I questioned even that.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,967  
Only took about 20 minutes, but I moved 2 bucket loads of rotted horse manure from the pasture closer to the flower garden. Luckily someone else will be speeding it into the garden, I had the easy job!Great forum, I like to solve many problems
huI3

j8cu

clickthru.cgi

Thats what we use for fertilizer, and the best part is its free. We compost it for about three years from our barn, and them it is the most amazing soil to grow in. We have given quite a bit away too, because we go through about 400lbs of shavings a week, and have a lot.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,968  
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Finally was able to get BX back together. Part that was supposed to be here "Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest" picked up and installed today. I called just after 7:30 am (opening time) this morning "Oh that came in around 4:30 pm Fri (store closes @ 5:00 pm and is 35 mi away). Sorry I haven't had a chance to call you." Wife or I have been calling daily since Wednesday even tho "We'll call when it comes in.":mad:

Anyway, I got out some of my aggression on a pile of gravel that delivery guy dumped in clients camp road. Oh did not mention that he had dumped it so that road was impassable. Worked it just enough to open roadway. Will go back after rain stops and dress road properly. Still despite having to wear raingear it was good to be back in the saddle! :dance1:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,969  
Took the 855 out for a few hours. Removed an old tree washed up from last fall's floods along the driveway, filled the washout, and took a load of rock to the Mrs's new hummingbird garden, where I replaced an old rotten telephone pole at the top edge with a line of rock. I can't tell you how much work that FEL saved me. Why did I wait so long to get a real tractor!:thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,970  
I spent most of the day mowing. Really need to find some time to make more of the grounds even and rock free enough to use a finish mower versus the rotary. Then I can go a little faster.